WTH is this BS

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
My kid played club volleyball and this is the service that was used by several tournaments. 50+ courts in the New Orleans Convention Center and every court had a tablet feeding the live stream to Baller TV

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
My kid played club volleyball and this is the service that was used by several tournaments. 50+ courts in the New Orleans Convention Center and every court had a tablet feeding the live stream to Baller TV
I was going to say the same thing. BallerTV has taken over WAY too many volleyball tournaments. Their pricing is outrageous and their live feed is terrible. I've never subscribed to their service, but we played a match where their tablet got hit by a ball and was pointing straight down at the base of the tripod for two full sets before someone came and fixed it. I would've been pissed if I'd been paying to stream that game!

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Campio Sports is producing the event. From the Baller TV website:

BallerTV is not responsible for the production of this event. All comments or concerns should be directed at Campio Sports.

Surely, the venue below will have a better production value. The women are playing in a nice high school gym.

1671475739396.png

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Every year my daughter plays club volleyball I think, "I'm gonna get a BallerTV subscription." Then I look at the pricing and think my wife can just facetime me.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Please do your own color and play by play...in different voices of course.
Ooh, that could be rough for the viewing public. My accents have been described as 'fundamentally offensive' and 'awful noise'. I like to claim I have an inclusive universal accent- it combines Scottish, British, Aussie, and sometimes a bit of Mexican at the end.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Ooh, that could be rough for the viewing public. My accents have been described as 'fundamentally offensive' and 'awful noise'. I like to claim I have an inclusive universal accent- it combines Scottish, British, Aussie, and sometimes a bit of Mexican at the end.
Your accents are like your posts**

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I can tell you from ancient experience it's just a matter of speaking clearly, and being very descriptive, while trying to hide your homeriam. You wanna leave that job for the guy doing color.
There are guys and gals doing voice for sports from all different sounds and backgrounds. You wouldn't have a problem at all. If your in-game commentary is like your posts are, you might drag on a bit here and there for the folks listening. You also have to cut down the amount of multi-syllable words that you're using.

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I was going to say the same thing. BallerTV has taken over WAY too many volleyball tournaments. Their pricing is outrageous and their live feed is terrible. I've never subscribed to their service, but we played a match where their tablet got hit by a ball and was pointing straight down at the base of the tripod for two full sets before someone came and fixed it. I would've been pissed if I'd been paying to stream that game!

Reminds me of TicketMaster and their moneygrabs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login