Y’all’s kids play fortnite?

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Servers crashed today for like 6 hours. My son isn’t addicted to it but he got a Vbucks card for Christmas he wanted to use and holy 17 if I had to answer one more, “is it back on dad?” I was gonna strangle someone

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Yes and I hate it. We’ve started capping him at an hour of screen time per day, although I’m certain he hops back on when we go to bed. It’s no Goldeneye 64.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
That mess has taken over the solar system. If you go online and look at Playstation Live, Fortnite has more streams than all the other games on the list put together. Way more than CoD and Apex.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
That mess has taken over the solar system. If you go online and look at Playstation Live, Fortnite has more streams than all the other games on the list put together. Way more than CoD and Apex.

Where does Tecmo Bowl rank? Right after Mike Tyson’s Punchout?

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Yes he does and I hate it. Don't understand it and don't want to. He even has a Fortnite Monopoly game ( word to the wise, don't get it. The 17ing game never ends). Luckily he is into Madden as much as Fortnite so I can always play him in that.

In regards to all time games NCAA Football has to be first followed by Tyson's Punchout and Tecmo Bowl. After that I would throw in NBA Jam, Excitebike, Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I played Fortnite shortly after it came out. Stopped playing when they started adding stuff on and completely changing the map. My fingers can’t move fast enough anymore to build to block shots.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I was a big Fortnite hater up until my accident. Left immobilized for three months so I picked it up and it’s actually pretty fun.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Oh yeah I never told y’all about the accidental discharge. I shot myself in the leg/upper knee with a hellcat. Do with that what y’all will.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Tried to play with my kids but I never could get the hang of building. I did play some with a dad group - the dad gaming on FB, they do a “no build” night on Sunday. It was fun when it was crappy dads, but I quit when good players & their kids started taking it over too.

If you still play it you should look the group up.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Oh yeah I never told y’all about the accidental discharge. I shot myself in the leg/upper knee with a hellcat. Do with that what y’all will.

How you don’t have a reality show yet is one of the country’s great tragedies.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah I hated building. At first it wasn’t that big of a deal but now you’ve got to do it well or you’re going to die quickly.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Yeah I hated building. At first it wasn’t that big of a deal but now you’ve got to do it well or you’re going to die quickly.

The worst are the PC guys. They can build astronomically faster on keys than anyone with a controller can. It’s painfully easy to spot them. I’ve gotten a lot better at building.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s easy to spot PC or mouse and keyboard players in games that crossover with consoles. They’re more twitchy.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Servers crashed today for like 6 hours. My son isn’t addicted to it but he got a Vbucks card for Christmas he wanted to use and holy 17 if I had to answer one more, “is it back on dad?” I was gonna strangle someone
I just bought an Xbox S on Christmas Eve for the family…couldn’t find an X. Magically, I just got an X from Best Buy yesterday.

I played FN a few days ago, but we aren’t plugged in right now so no idea if it’s down at our house. Fun game though.
And yeah, I can’t build and rarely bother. What these pro gamers can do with building is insane.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I was a big Fortnite hater up until my accident. Left immobilized for three months so I picked it up and it’s actually pretty fun.

dude, I’d asked in a thread a while back, but I’m very curious about the accidental discharge. Fault of you or the weapon? No judgment here…scares me to death. I think everyone could learn something in any case.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
Yeah he plays it. It is fun but very challenging. He does not play it a whole lot....I make him clean the barn, milk the goats, run suicides, and skin a boar before i let him play. I don't want no fortnite, cheeto eatin, pussboy!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Played for a while. It progressively got more cartoonish/childish (as if playing video games at my age is "mature") and I found myself in lobbies with little kids often. Note to parents, don't cut your 5yo loose online. If I were some kind of perv, there were little kids everywhere with mics and headsets asking me to "friend them" online (I didn't). Back to Fortnite. Can shoot and build but can't edit in the middle of a fight and keep up with everything going on, so off to Apex I went and haven't looked back. Rarely run across a kid playing Apex and it is way more mature.***

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
I worked with a guy once who had a scar that started in mid-thigh and ran all the way down to his ankle. Ropy line that looked like a worm had plowed down his leg. He got it when he was practicing "Quick Draw" in from of a mirror and shot himself as he was drawing his 38. He was actually proud of it. IMO he was not the sharpest tack in the box.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It's really in the edits to play at a high level. If you can build but can't take walls and edit like a madman, you're toast against better players.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You know I have some people in my family that I really want to tell them: "If you pick them to date, you shouldn't date them." You may qualify for that advice.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010

I play it with a descent level of success and I never build. It can be done, you just gotta use other strategies. The best thing to combat the builders is to pick up some firefly jars. Whenever they start building, just light their structures on fire. Shield wont protect against fire an their health takes a big hit every second a player burns.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Played for a while. It progressively got more cartoonish/childish (as if playing video games at my age is "mature") and I found myself in lobbies with little kids often. Note to parents, don't cut your 5yo loose online. If I were some kind of perv, there were little kids everywhere with mics and headsets asking me to "friend them" online (I didn't). Back to Fortnite. Can shoot and build but can't edit in the middle of a fight and keep up with everything going on, so off to Apex I went and haven't looked back. Rarely run across a kid playing Apex and it is way more mature.***

I played Fortnite on iPad till that disappeared. Literally the first game I played on Xbox I came in 2nd. Knew that was a complete anomaly. I tend to land way out on the edges and slowly make my way to the center if possible. I’m a pacifist.

I’ll have to check out Apex. For my kid of course.**

Last edited:

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
dude, I’d asked in a thread a while back, but I’m very curious about the accidental discharge. Fault of you or the weapon? No judgment here…scares me to death. I think everyone could learn something in any case.

100 percent fault of my own.

Buddy’s picked me up one night to go out. Got **** faced, blackout drunk, ordered an Uber for myself and went home. Was smoking a cig outside when I thought I had left another pack in my truck. Went in to get it, said oh I didn’t put my pistol away. Finished smoking, grabbed the pistol with my right hand and jumped out my truck, kinda stumbled and in the whole process squeezed the trigger. Really just a freak accident and would not have happened if I had it holstered, like I normally do, or was sober.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You do know the average gamer is now 35 years old. Only about 30 percent of gamers are under 18.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I actually didn’t feel anything until they took the tourniquet off at the hospital. That’s when I actually felt pain.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I actually didn’t feel anything until they took the tourniquet off at the hospital. That’s when I actually felt pain.

good thing you were hammered…I kid.

btw, if you like documentaries and have any interest in gaming, or even not. There’s a really interesting one on the history of XBOX that came out recently. It’s called Power On and it’s on YouTube… the business aspects of it and the ups and downs are pretty fascinating.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login