Yea!!! We won our first SEC series!...........

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Pitching overall was a bit better. Decent start by Gartman and could have been better had we played better defense behind him. He looked a bit puzzled after the 2nd error in the first inning and basically a 3rd when Amani was slow getting the ball out of his glove to destruct a double play which could have prevented BAMA's second run. After that he was up and down a bit, but when he was on, he was really on. On the back end Dohm was really good with keeping a good BAMA offense in check.....and I was glad he closed it out to avoid the drama of trying one more pitcher. Hitting was pretty good and our HRs were effective. Love seeing Jordan, Highfil, and Alford beginning to become the players we all hoped they'd be. Just need to keep on keeping on. Huge OM series coming up and after that, murderer's row for awhile. We really need to zero in and make a move this weekend vs the ReBearSharks. While a sweep would be heavenly, I'm realistically hoping for at least 2 out of three. All in all..........Lemon Lives Another Day!

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Nothing weird there. We’ve played an incredibly difficult schedule. Nobody wants to talk about that.
Yep. We have the #2 strength of schedule in the country. And it doesn’t get easier down the stretch. This is one of the stronger years for the SEC in recent memory. The Bama team we just beat is not at all bad. Worst RPI team in the league is Georgia and they are only at 56.

Reactions: josebrown

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Pitching overall was a bit better. Decent start by Gartman and could have been better had we played better defense behind him. He looked a bit puzzled after the 2nd error in the first inning and basically a 3rd when Amani was slow getting the ball out of his glove to destruct a double play which could have prevented BAMA's second run. After that he was up and down a bit, but when he was on, he was really on. On the back end Dohm was really good with keeping a good BAMA offense in check.....and I was glad he closed it out to avoid the drama of trying one more pitcher. Hitting was pretty good and our HRs were effective. Love seeing Jordan, Highfil, and Alford beginning to become the players we all hoped they'd be. Just need to keep on keeping on. Huge OM series coming up and after that, murderer's row for awhile. We really need to zero in and make a move this weekend vs the ReBearSharks. While a sweep would be heavenly, I'm realistically hoping for at least 2 out of three. All in all..........Lemon Lives Another Day!
Thank you, Bama Baseball. The reliable slump buster.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
1681048154905.gif

Reactions: She Mate Me

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am glad we won. We can still get to the SEC Tournament. Then who knows what happens. However, State is going to have to win the Auburn, Ole Miss and A&M Series. Have to win one game from Tenn, Arkansas and LSU. Those two sweeps early are hurting. It can be done however if they don't make it to the SEC tournament the Coaching staff needs to go.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Nothing weird there. We’ve played an incredibly difficult schedule. Nobody wants to talk about that.

Well perception going into conference play was that UK, USC, and Vandy weren’t all that great….and that those were our opportunities to steal some games. Fast forward to now, those are the 3 best teams in the league with a combined 29-4 SEC record, and the 4th best team (UF) isn’t on our schedule. UK is currently your #1 national seed if the season ended today. And that OM-Aub-Tennessee stretch looked like murderer’s row….now all 3 of those are below .500 and all are within 2 games of us in the standings.

Definitely a critical point for Lemonis. The opportunity for him to win some goodwill back is certainly right in front of him these next 3 weekends.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Well perception going into conference play was that UK, USC, and Vandy weren’t all that great….and that those were our opportunities to steal some games. Fast forward to now, those are the 3 best teams in the league with a combined 29-4 SEC record, and the 4th best team (UF) isn’t on our schedule. UK is currently your #1 national seed if the season ended today. And that OM-Aub-Tennessee stretch looked like murderer’s row….now all 3 of those are below .500 and all are within 2 games of us in the standings.

Definitely a critical point for Lemonis. The opportunity for him to win some goodwill back is certainly right in front of him these next 3 weekends.
I think there was a perception that LSU would be 2021 Arkansas or 2022 Tennessee but I’m not sure that’s the case, especially with some of the pitching injuries they’ve had lately. But there’s a very legitimate chance the SEC could have 7 or 8 regional hosts.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
The issue, I think for most of us who have or are close to giving up on Lemonis & our staff isn't that we've lost so many games to great teams, but that we have looked too often like the Keystone Kops of baseball. Horrible fundamentals is bad enough if it's one guy. You could maybe call it a slump. But it's not just one guy, and it's been this way the whole season. That's on coaching.

At this point, I'd rather have more losses while playing good baseball rather than more wins playing crap baseball. That because as long as we're playing good ball, we've got a good chance to get hot at the right time, string a few wins together, etc. If we're playing sound baseball & losing to better teams, then we can legitimately have faith in our coaches, and trust they will get us back to where we should always be as a program.

But we haven't just been losing. We've been playing Bad News Bears level ball, and Lemonis maybe looks a little too much like the Walter Matthau HC character. We've often played in a way you wouldn't expect to be that poor at a good high school level.

I'm feeling like Coach Lemonis has somewhat rested on his laurels since the NC, perhaps thinking he could sign a highly-ranked class, "set it on cruise", then turn up the juice on an as-needed basis. But in the SEC you can't do that. Even the best teams have to grind every damn day to stay competitive.

A series win vs Bama doesn't change that for me, and I'm not sure there is anything he could do anymore that would change my thoughts. "Too little too late" comes to mind, as does the suspicion that even if we start winning regularly again, Lemonis could eventually do the same thing again after some success.

I really hope I am mistaken & proved wrong on this. I was one of those who supported his hire more than most. Just too much water under the bridge for me now.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I hope they concentrate on winning each game as they play it and continue to improve. All I want is for the players to continue to improve so we can find out which players we can work with in the future. It's been a rough time so far, so I hope this series lights a fire under their ***.

They have got work to do... they still got run-ruled one game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login