Yeah, he gone

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
The Ole Miss Malaysian Sun Bears??

I kinda like it.
I’m not a bear expert. It was black and it was a bear. I’ll rely on your expertise in this area.

My primary areas of expertise are hardwood lumber manufacturing as a business owner and tactical military air combat as a pilot, neither of which require skills in bear species identification.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’m not a bear expert. It was black and it was a bear. I’ll rely on your expertise in this area.

My primary areas of expertise are hardwood lumber manufacturing as a business owner and tactical military air combat as a pilot, neither of which require skills in bear species identification.

I got way more expertise in what's not a black bear and Google searches. I actually saw one of those in the St. Louis zoo years ago. Cool animal.

Didn't mean to come across as a smart azz. Just imparting some newfound knowledge.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Judkins played near me. He always wanted to go to Auburn. If Harsin had offered, he would already be there and playing for Cadillac. It's a no brainer if he can go there he is gone.
Its no longer as much about who the coach is, what jersey you wore as a kid, how nice the facilities are, where your girlfriend goes, or even who has the better chance of getting to the CFP as much as it is NIL money. If Auburn is willing to pay Judkins more than anybody else, he most likely will go there. If A&M makes the best offer, he’ll probably pack his bags for Texas.

Starting Sunday morning, its going to be a crazy four or five days with all of the coaching movement. It always is.

But I believe that the two weeks leading up to the December signing day are going to be much crazier.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I'm starting to get a feeling that this is all just one big troll job by Kiffin, and he'll sign his extension some time today, getting OM pumped for Thursday.
And not just him. The ones who need to know are in on it too and are helping it out. It has kept his name and UM in every mention of sports news since it started and after he signs the extension, the announcers will get to slobber over him the whole game Thursday.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm starting to get a feeling that this is all just one big troll job by Kiffin, and he'll sign his extension some time today, getting OM pumped for Thursday.

I don't know if he's going, I suspect he is, but I don't think it's a troll job.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm not understanding the leaks. Did an AU insider spill it knowing he was not supposed to? What's the purpose of the leaker? Is Cohen pissed trying to find out who did it?
One version of the story is the WCBI reporter is the one that broke Cohen leaving here before Cohen wanted the info out. Cohen in return has leaked the Kiffin story back to WCBI reporter knowing it was false so that reporter would look bad now running with it. This could also be a Univ of Northern MS story trying to calm things down leading up to Egg Bowl

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
One version of the story is the WCBI reporter is the one that broke Cohen leaving here before Cohen wanted the info out. Cohen in return has leaked the Kiffin story back to WCBI reporter knowing it was false so that reporter would look bad now running with it. This could also be a Univ of Northern MS story trying to calm things down leading up to Egg Bowl"
Why would tsun put a story like this out? So you think maybe all of this "Kiffin to AU" is BS?

Aug 16, 2018
No, you don't hang your team out like this for a massive troll job. He had to have that meeting yesterday b/c player morale was going into the toilet. And he still didn't them he was staying. He didn't quell any of this. He just made it worse.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
One version of the story is the WCBI reporter is the one that broke Cohen leaving here before Cohen wanted the info out. Cohen in return has leaked the Kiffin story back to WCBI reporter knowing it was false so that reporter would look bad now running with it. This could also be a Univ of Northern MS story trying to calm things down leading up to Egg Bowl
Latter is more likely than the former. Is Cohen that petty?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
No, you don't hang your team out like this for a massive troll job. He had to have that meeting yesterday b/c player morale was going into the toilet. And he still didn't them he was staying. He didn't quell any of this. He just made it worse.
That is what I keep thinking. If he is truly staying and this is all just a massive April Fools gotcha then nobody in that school has any sense whatsoever. This has decimated fan morale and I think team morale, too, based on the AR game. He's got fans wanting him to hit the road immediately. If he is that bad reading the room then he's got serious problems.

Reactions: TrapGame.sixpack

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
Ah, the age old strategy of starting rumors to get your fans frustrated and players parents calling for you to not coach your rivalry game. A classic.

Reactions: TrapGame.sixpack

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Ah, the age old strategy of starting rumors to get your fans frustrated and players parents calling for you to not coach your rivalry game. A classic.
exactly.... and fans are pissed.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

There's really no good way for coaches to handle this. The best short term play is to just lie to everybody. Keeps player morale high for the game at the expense of hurt feelings when they find out you lied. But that assumes the coach is a damn sociopath.

Saying nothing has happened yet just confirms that you are at least open to it, and ramps up speculation.

Not sure what would happen if a coach just told the truth. "My agents talking with them and barring any hang ups, I'm going to take the job. I'm not going to let it distract me from coaching you. You shouldn't let it distract you from playing. Even if you're mad at me for leaving or hurt by me leaving, you should play just as hard and be just as committed because it's what's best for you and your teammates. Don't let me leaving detract from one of a very limited number of games you have in your career."

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I would be a little pissed too. I get Dan leaving for Florida. That's a true blue blood. I'm more pissed that he was willing to leave for UT. That showed he was just checked out and ready for something different. Auburn's sort of equivalent. Yes, it's a better job, but it's not a true blue blood and there'd be some harder feelings for jumping for an upgrade that's not to a true blue blood.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Man, I have no idea who Kiffen will be the head coach of Sunday. But one thing is for sure...

OM is about to have the biggest ugliest break up tomorrow. Or one big party celebrating Kiffen.
Bad or good, we will be the uncomfortable cousin sitting in the living room awkwardly watching it unfold.

Reactions: vandaldawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login