Yeah it’s all good! No big deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They also made it where law enforcement cannot obtain abortion records to arrest folks for that.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
This summary misstates the bill. Normally youths that run away from home and wind up in a shelter, the shelter is required to notify the parents. There are exceptions for abuse and health care. This bill adds gender affirming health care, BUT like the others it only substitutes informing CPS instead of the parents. It's not like they are there in secret. Like other cases, CPS is supposed to step in and do their job (iffy statement I know). The stated reason for the bill is, as currently stands, these youths are avoiding shelters and living on the streets. That's not a better outcome. I don't really like this response to that problem, but I can't think of anything better.

Rubes gonna be rubes. Yall never learn, and keep getting led around as the world's biggest idiots.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Dude. Epoch Times?

That’s the Occupy Democrats of the right.

At least get something from the Free Beacon which also skews right, is much more trustworthy, and goes into the fact that the bill deals with potentially abused runaways (as Boom Boom mentions and the article snippet you provided didn’t).

B2FA77DF-F391-4BC1-9D27-51A43FDA4F6B.jpeg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This summary misstates the bill. Normally youths that run away from home and wind up in a shelter, the shelter is required to notify the parents. There are exceptions for abuse and health care. This bill adds gender affirming health care, BUT like the others it only substitutes informing CPS instead of the parents. It's not like they are there in secret. Like other cases, CPS is supposed to step in and do their job (iffy statement I know). The stated reason for the bill is, as currently stands, these youths are avoiding shelters and living on the streets. That's not a better outcome. I don't really like this response to that problem, but I can't think of anything better.

Rubes gonna be rubes. Yall never learn, and keep getting led around as the world's biggest idiots.
So you support not getting parental consent on this? REALLY?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
So abusive parents should have the authority to give consent?

That’s why CPS is being brought in.

(Iffy. REALLY iffy I know. And Boom Boom knows this too.)

Edit to add: It’s much more complicated than the simplistic Epoch Times version which is what Boom Boom and I are both getting at.

HotMop

May 8, 2006

Rubes gonna be rubes. Yall never learn, and keep getting led around as the world's biggest

Dylan?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
This summary misstates the bill. Normally youths that run away from home and wind up in a shelter, the shelter is required to notify the parents. There are exceptions for abuse and health care. This bill adds gender affirming health care, BUT like the others it only substitutes informing CPS instead of the parents. It's not like they are there in secret. Like other cases, CPS is supposed to step in and do their job (iffy statement I know). The stated reason for the bill is, as currently stands, these
He's just one of our liberal trolls trying to turn this into 5 page thread by making a provocative statement to get it started.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Edit to add: It’s much more complicated than the simplistic Epoch Times version which is what Boom Boom and I are both getting at.
Boom boom doesn’t know 💩 .

and if you are trusting his word you don’t know 💩 either.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Is there actual abuse or abuse being defined here as parents not allowing their kid to have surgery to change their gender?

I can appreciate this is a very complicated topic for families going through this. However, I think there is a simple solution to this. You can’t legally have gender changing surgery until you’re 18. You can’t vote till you’re 18, can’t have a glass of wine until you’re 21. No reason why someone can’t wait until they are 18 to make this change. And yes I know there are rare medical conditions that would force a parent to make a decision at a much younger age… that’s obviously an exception here

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Boom boom doesn’t know 💩 .

and if you are trusting his word you don’t know 💩 either.
It’s not a matter of trusting his word.

The info that’s out there is saying it’s more complicated than what your snippet from the Epoch Times is saying & I even used a news site on the right in my response.

Reactions: mstateglfr

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Is there actual abuse or abuse being defined here as parents not allowing their kid to have surgery to change their gender?

That right there is The First Question to consider in my opinion and a major reason why I think the CPS thing is iffy.

I can appreciate this is a very complicated topic for families going through this. However, I think there is a simple solution to this. You can’t legally have gender changing surgery until you’re 18. You can’t vote till you’re 18, can’t have a glass of wine until you’re 21. No reason why someone can’t wait until they are 18 to make this change. And yes I know there are rare medical conditions that would force a parent to make a decision at a much younger age… that’s obviously an exception here

Agreed.

Reactions: ronpolk

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Compelling reasons is extremely loosely defined which means it will be abused.

It’s sick and disgusting.

Why can’t you just call it that?

Attachments

• 993A7053-EA4B-4D2F-94EF-5A1D9E784E8E.png
    993A7053-EA4B-4D2F-94EF-5A1D9E784E8E.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 0DA26522-846B-4CB1-985A-9D0F91EED97F.jpeg
    0DA26522-846B-4CB1-985A-9D0F91EED97F.jpeg
    781.5 KB · Views: 3

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Listen, if you don't allow your 8 year old son to have his weiner cut off and get on hormones you are being abusive and should have your kids taken away and raised by Gov't pedophiles. Buy him the dress and make up and call him Felicia. I mean he is 8....he knows. It's not just a phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login