Year 3 of the Leach era: 0 big wins

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Plenty of blowout losses and inexcusable chokes. But, not a single signature win. I can’t recall even coming close in a big game. I’m not counting Aggy, FWIW.

Our schedule wasn’t nearly as murderous as we were led to believe. And we are still gonna be fighting for a ****** Nashville or Birmingham bowl.

It was always gonna be a stretch to hang in there with Gay. We did, even though the score doesn’t indicate it. Even if we hadn’t had ****** refs, I would have had no hope of winning a close game.

I posted earlier this season that Leach was a legit coach and wouldn’t be let go if he lost another Egg Bowl. I no longer believe that. We don’t have a future with Leach, and I don’t think anybody does. He’s gonna ride Will Rogers for the next 2 years while we our bench QBs hit the portal and we have to start over. We can’t afford that.

He’s out of chances for a big win this season. If he blows another EB, I’m on board with bouncing him.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Plenty of blowout losses and inexcusable chokes. But, not a single signature win. I can’t recall even coming close in a big game. I’m not counting Aggy, FWIW.

Our schedule wasn’t nearly as murderous as we were led to believe. And we are still gonna be fighting for a ****** Nashville or Birmingham bowl.

It was always gonna be a stretch to hang in there with Gay. We did, even though the score doesn’t indicate it. Even if we hadn’t had ****** refs, I would have had no hope of winning a close game.

I posted earlier this season that Leach was a legit coach and wouldn’t be let go if he lost another Egg Bowl. I no longer believe that. We don’t have a future with Leach, and I don’t think anybody does. He’s gonna ride Will Rogers for the next 2 years while we our bench QBs hit the portal and we have to start over. We can’t afford that.

He’s out of chances for a big win this season. If he blows another EB, I’m on board with bouncing him.

Why is anybody drawing sweeping conclusions about a coach on a night where we lose, as expected, to the best team in the country??

Just look at the scores around college football tonight and realize there are many, many fanbases saying WT actual F every week.

These are huge children.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Has surpassed Mullen in top 25 wins when compared side by side in time. And will likely pass him in less than half the time.

Has loaded young talent coming up!

We will be just fine!

Signature wins: LSU, Tamu (owns them), Auburn (owns them), Ark... Passed them up!

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Why is anybody drawing sweeping conclusions about a coach on a night where we lose, as expected, to the best team in the country??

Just look at the scores around college football tonight and realize there are many, many fanbases saying WT actual F every week.

These are huge children.
You have absolutely missed the point. Try reading my post.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

Get the hell out of there with that ****.

1. Program needs stability after the Morehead shitshow. And don’t spout his record. He was left the best defense in Msstate history (yes, better than the 99 D). He also left the cupboard pretty damn bare. Btw, Cohen completely botched the his firing.

2. Our program over the past three years has been middle of the pack in the SEC. If that’s our floor, I’ll take it.

3. Leach is getting up there in age. He’s gonna make a decision to evolve or retire soon. He’s pretty damn smart and can change schematically . Values quality of life and family time. Who knows what he will do.

The LAST thing we need to do is panic because Ole Miss is good. You are a ***** who probably reads your wife’s cellphone because you are so damn insecure.

Is Leach the answer to win the SEC West in the MAYBE four years he has left? Nope. But, no one is. Not Saban, not Kiffin, not Heupel, not Harbaugh.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

What do you consider a big win? Top 10 team on the road? Number 1 team at home? If your perspective is that narrow than we haven’t hardly ever had a big win in program history.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I tried, decided it wasn't worth the time. I can find 100 just like it anytime I'm inclined, but I never am.
Then you’d have been much better off shutting your 17ing face. Seriously…. I can’t remember a time I ever spouted off in a post I didn’t actually read. That’s what morons do.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

1. Program needs stability after the Morehead shitshow. And don’t spout his record. He was left the best defense in Msstate history (yes, better than the 99 D). He also left the cupboard pretty damn bare. Btw, Cohen completely botched the his firing.

2. Our program over the past three years has been middle of the pack in the SEC. If that’s our floor, I’ll take it.

3. Leach is getting up there in age. He’s gonna make a decision to evolve or retire soon. He’s pretty damn smart and can change schematically . Values quality of life and family time. Who knows what he will do.

The LAST thing we need to do is panic because Ole Miss is good. You are a ***** who probably reads your wife’s cellphone because you are so damn insecure.

Is Leach the answer to win the SEC West in the MAYBE four years he has left? Nope. But, no one is. Not Saban, not Kiffin, not Heupel, not Harbaugh.
You’ve made an AWFUL lot of ASSumptions (that I surely did not) in your word salad. 17 off.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Then you’d have been much better off shutting your 17ing face. Seriously…. I can’t remember a time I ever spouted off in a post I didn’t actually read. That’s what morons do.

You mad bruh?!?

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Blah blah blah

tldr
stfu
troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

You don't really believe he's going to evolve. He never has. It's why he's never once won a championship anywhere. This is the same offense KY ran when he was there.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Peewee coach is back with more gifs

yay !

maybe you can tell us how you run motion againstmzone defense again. Idiot
Worked like a charm the 2 times we motioned someone tonight. One was a TD, while the other was Rara’s dropped TD.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You don't really believe he's going to evolve. He never has. It's why he's never once won a championship anywhere. This is the same offense KY ran when he was there.

So the no championship thing is not a function of anywhere being perennial powerhouses Texas Tech, Wazzu, and Moo U, it's all a function of Leach sucking??

Have I got that right??

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Ok moron, you run motion against zone right ? Is that what you do in your flag football games ?
What are you blathering about? We used Pre snap motion tonight. I would assume like most ppl that have actually been around the game some that they did that like most teams do to try and see if the defense gave away the play. We did it twice tonight and had two good plays come from it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
So the no championship thing is not a function of anywhere being perennial powerhouses Texas Tech, Wazzu, and Moo U, it's all a function of Leach sucking??
Have I got that right??
So why you think he only gets those jobs and not the bigger ones. Good coaches are in demand. He's a mediocre coach who's past his prime.

• Sad

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Has surpassed Mullen in top 25 wins when compared side by side in time. And will likely pass him in less than half the time.

Has loaded young talent coming up!

We will be just fine!

Signature wins: LSU, Tamu (owns them), Auburn (owns them), Ark... Passed them up!
Mullen was 3-0 vs Ole Miss in his first three years.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006

I'd take my chances on the last 4 you listed TBH though.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

So why you think he only gets those jobs and not the bigger ones. Good coaches are in demand. He's a mediocre coach who's past his prime.

Seemingly really good coaches seem to become bad coaches very often when they step up in competition. Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong, Kevin Sumlin, Scott Frost. I can go on and on and on and on.

Point is, it ain't an easy job and very few coaches as old as Leach are still competitive at the higher levels. Maybe that means something.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Against some really horrible Houston Nutt coached teams. I’d be willing to bet if Leach had gotten to play those 2010 and 2011 Ole Miss teams, he would have won those games too.
Mullen was 0-2 vs ole miss when ole miss had 8 wins and 3-4 when ole miss had 5 wins

what a joke

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login