Yo, 11th...congrats on beating Tulane.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Thanks man. It feels good to win something. A lot of people might not know, but this is a trophy game. When I was a student at USM in the 2000s, both schools hyped up this rivalry big time. Frankly, I always had a hard time getting hyped for the game because USM always won it. But I never missed a USM/Tulane game in my 4 years. New Orleans was just too easy a drive and it was always a good trip.

With regard to the Sun Belt, I’m thrilled beyond words. What I like about the conference is that everyone seems confident and comfortable with who they are. No gimmicky stuff like a jersey patch that says P6 (although top to bottom, it’s very arguable that the Sun Belt is the 6th best conference). Just a G5 conference that’s built around regional rivalries and a fun brand of football. USM really lucked out, for once.

Dawgsnsaints

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks man. It feels good to win something. A lot of people might not know, but this is a trophy game. When I was a student at USM in the 2000s, both schools hyped up this rivalry big time. Frankly, I always had a hard time getting hyped for the game because USM always won it. But I never missed a USM/Tulane game in my 4 years. New Orleans was just too easy a drive and it was always a good trip.

With regard to the Sun Belt, I’m thrilled beyond words. What I like about the conference is that everyone seems confident and comfortable with who they are. No gimmicky stuff like a jersey patch that says P6 (although top to bottom, it’s very arguable that the Sun Belt is the 6th best conference). Just a G5 conference that’s built around regional rivalries and a fun brand of football. USM really lucked out, for once.

I am happy for you and the Eagles. Living in Petal for 25 years I sincerely pull for them.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It really is one of the better G5 leagues. Everything CUSA got wrong, the Sunbelt gets right. This is probably the best thing that’s happened for USM sports since the AAC raided the old top CUSA schools.

was21

May 29, 2007
It was definitely a good move for Southern. Their attendance will also probably increase dramatically because of these regional games with names people are familiar with. As opposed to some of the CUSA teams.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login