You are AD for the next 2 years...

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
enclosing the south endzone
I've seen this mentioned a few times lately in other posts and am wondering, why? How many years has it been since we've had a full stadium and who knows when it will be again? And now I'm also seeing posts saying put in chair backs which will reduce the capacity which is fine, but, spend money to enlarge it too? The national trend is falling attendance so I don't see the reason to bowl it in?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I would be looking for a way to convert Bulldog Club Donations into NIL donations.
Then you better also start looking for dollar$ from somewhere else too that will fund the scholarships that the Bulldog Club money you are robbing is normally used for. Athletes don't go to school for free, the Bulldog Club is the fund raising arm of the athletic dept that writes the checks to the university for athletes educations.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
What's your #1 priority? Could be a facility? Could be finding the right football coach.
Women’s beach volleyball
Women’s gymnastics

the lazy river passes the beach volleyball area

IMPP is the ***. AD and Recruiting Coordinator for WBV

bikini GIF

Reactions: HailStout

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I have been watching and it is happening.
I don’t think anyone doubts that it’s happening. The question is why the hell it matters if it’s happening. Obviously Arnett has him assigned to some kind of game day role.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not top priority but change up the game experience at football. It's been damn near the same thing since I was in school there. I never want to hear bad to the bone again. Same goes for the maroon white chant or the state spell out. That gets me pumped for the start of a game about as much as a case of explosive diarrhea.
You don't like another t?
I am tired of the more cowbell skit and who let's the dawgs out.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Gathering all the information from every Athletic Director who would meet with me on the phone or face-to-face. I would not be asking what to do. I'd ask them generally what is happening in their world. Ask them.what they were doing and why they were doing it. How were they planning things, what were the most critical issues in dealing with their fan base? These are just general questions to get the temperature of college football in their world. Information at least what they will give me. Just gathering my information

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I've seen this mentioned a few times lately in other posts and am wondering, why? How many years has it been since we've had a full stadium and who knows when it will be again? And now I'm also seeing posts saying put in chair backs which will reduce the capacity which is fine, but, spend money to enlarge it too? The national trend is falling attendance so I don't see the reason to bowl it in?
Agreed. Do something with the M club, sure, but adding seats is the last thing we should be doing

Reactions: Captain Ron

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don’t think anyone doubts that it’s happening. The question is why the hell it matters if it’s happening. Obviously Arnett has him assigned to some kind of game day role.
For one thing you can only have so many coaches. It's a NCAA violation. We are the type of school the NCAA tries to use to show they still have balls.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Agreed. Do something with the M club, sure, but adding seats is the last thing we should be doing
Kinda OT but do a lot of people watch the games from the M club ? I've been in there before but never during a game.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
We can decrease seats in the main stands and to make way for chair backs, but we also need to somehow enclose the south end zone. We don’t need to decrease our seating. If we get a football team back in top form, we’ll be wanting those seats back.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Below is a list of all Power 5 programs with a true horseshoe - no seating in one end zone.

Duke
Wake Forest - seating on a hill
Oklahoma State - massive building
Kansas - just released renovation plans to bowl stadium
Iowa State - massive building built into end zone
Maryland - building
Vanderbilt
Mississippi State

Not a stellar crew. We don't need more seats, but a bowled in stadium creates a more immersive gameday atmosphere. There are plenty of options for taking away other seats if we bowl in DWS to end up back around 60k. The open end zone with the crappy M-Club building is the first thing a visiting fan notices when they get to their seats. Overall, I think DWS is solid. But the south end zone gives it a bit of a Group of 5/poor Power 5 feel to it.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
First thing I would do, would be to install a Festivus Pole in the Junction. There would be the air of grievances for all you fans that seem to not come to games but hate all things MSU on the internet.

Let me tell you, be glad you have who you do in the athletic's office. State has a hard time attracting talent from the AD down to the janitor. It is why we have always promoted from within for a AD or hired a guy that hasn't been a sitting AD. Its the same for other positions, most of the time, they are young and inexperienced. However, at the moment you have talented, smart people over there. If fan experience is lacking, it is because fans aren't showing up. Because there is more going on, on gameday than at any time previously. If you aren't coming to games, you just don't want to be at games. That's your decision.

DWS.....the west and east side lower levels are old and need upgrades badly. The west side 100, 200 and 300 levels are the same as they were in 1985. Ridiculous. Ex.players have said the MClub is uncomfortable and hard to see the game from. The west side needs to be dropped to the ground. Totally rebuilt. Oregon St did it. We can do it. 60 rows of chairbacks. 100 level of suites and MClub. 200 level of more premium seating and press box. Move those goofy balconies out of the clouds and to the north endzone (current student section). Move the students back to the east side.

....anyways.

Reactions: RockyDog

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
1. NIL. Give Charlie whatever he needs
2. Retool the entire athletic administration from top to bottom. Director of facilities, fan experience, anyone involved in bulldog suites, all gone.
3. Upgrade the small details at DWS with a master plan of bowling in the south endzone. Take a look at what Colorado State did and make a premium beer garden area kinda like another gridiron club but more open.
4. Hire a football coach.
5. Hire a baseball coach.
6. Fix the small details at DNF that have been neglected like the broken fencing and rails in the outfield.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

Its mainly the upper decks that aren't filling up. If we chairback the entire lower bowl minus the student section and add more access portals on the West side, that will definitely decrease our lower bowl seating capacity and will undoubtedly piss off some loyal fans who get will get booted out. You offset that by bowling in the lower portion of the south endzone with chair back seating and making it a club level and let the current season ticket holders in the lower bowl have top priority for moving to that area. The M Club can go on top of that section. It doesn't have to be as large and grand as the north endzone. I'm betting by doing this we would still have an overall reduction of seats.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Then you better also start looking for dollar$ from somewhere else too that will fund the scholarships that the Bulldog Club money you are robbing is normally used for. Athletes don't go to school for free, the Bulldog Club is the fund raising arm of the athletic dept that writes the checks to the university for athletes educations.
As far as I know, we can use TV money for scholarships. We can't use TV money (directly) for NIL.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Its mainly the upper decks that aren't filling up.
Upper and lower levels last week both had lots of fans dressed up as empty seats. Lots on this forum ***** about visitors sitting in MSU sections, what happens to those tickets when its not an Alabama, LSU, or Georgia fan sitting there? That's right, they are empty

will undoubtedly piss off some loyal fans who get will get booted out. You offset that by bowling in the lower portion of the south endzone with chair back seating and making it a club level and let the current season ticket holders in the lower bowl have top priority for moving to that area.
Yeah I'd definitely be pretty pissed if I got pushed out of a West side seat for a "club level" end zone seat that would cost more than my old West side seats because of the "Club", pissed enough to say 17IT and stay home. It's too easy today to opt out and stay home and watch when there isn't a big demand for seating, you'll end up w/ an empty end zone and empty chair backs on the West side too.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Upper and lower levels last week both had lots of fans dressed up as empty seats. Lots on this forum ***** about visitors sitting in MSU sections, what happens to those tickets when its not an Alabama, LSU, or Georgia fan sitting there? That's right, they are empty

Yeah I'd definitely be pretty pissed if I got pushed out of a West side seat for a "club level" end zone seat that would cost more than my old West side seats because of the "Club", pissed enough to say 17IT and stay home. It's too easy today to opt out and stay home and watch when there isn't a big demand for seating, you'll end up w/ an empty end zone and empty chair backs on the West side too.
A. I don't think an 11am kick vs Western Michigan after 3 straight losses is the best measurement for fan interest/attendance.

B. Chairbacks improve fan experience. They are objectively better than bleacher and it's not an accident that most (all?) NFL stadiums have chairback seats.

Yes, fans will be displaced. But you don't just get automatically moved from a 40 yard line spot to the new end zone. That's not how reseating works. And there's no reason to assume that the south end zone expansion would be fully club level either. There will certainly be a component of that, maybe similar to north end zone field level. But I highly doubt that would be the majority.

We need to do something with the south end zone and we don't need more seats. This seems like the most common sense approach. Not sure why you are so opposed to it.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
For one thing you can only have so many coaches. It's a NCAA violation. We are the type of school the NCAA tries to use to show they still have balls.
You can only have so many coaches that are allowed to go off-campus to recruit, and interact with players in the offseason. But on campus and on gameday, you can have as many folks out there as you want.

Case and point, just about every program has the S&C coach on the sidelines during games. But that’s not ever a coach that’s ever allowed off-campus to recruit.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You can only have so many coaches that are allowed to go off-campus to recruit, and interact with players in the offseason. But on campus and on gameday, you can have as many folks out there as you want.

Case and point, just about every program has the S&C coach on the sidelines during games. But that’s not ever a coach that’s ever allowed off-campus to recruit.
But they cannot coach. You can only have I think 9 or 10 "not sure" coaches on the field coaching. That's the rule and I am pretty sure Peterson is not telling Arnett the cup smell like ***. If what you are saying is true Bama would have 85 coaches on the sideline.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
But they cannot coach. You can only have I think 9 or 10 "not sure" coaches on the field coaching. That's the rule and I am pretty sure Peterson is not telling Arnett the cup smell like ***. If what you are saying is true Bama would have 85 coaches on the sideline.
Well, first off, if he’s just talking to Arnett, he isn’t coaching. He’s only coaching if he’s giving instruction to players.

Secondly, Saban pretty much does do that….although a lot of his guys are in the booth but not the sidelines.

Here’s an article that thoroughly explains a lot of it. Brad Scott at Clemson, mentioned in the article, had virtually the same title as Peterson.

Whole thing is a nothingburger. This board just has an irrational obsession with Peterson for some reason.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login