You guys putting this on CML, pls find another team

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Find another team to root for...please.
We lost because our WR's let us down multiple times, dropping passes right in their hands that killed drives.

The muffed punt should have been a penalty on LSU for catch interference. 2 yd halo rule was taken away in 2018, but you still can't get inside shoulder pad length or that plus 1 yard if in front...even if you move out a second before the ball gets to the receiver. LSU guy was inches away right before the ball came down.

The drive after on the 3rd down pass to Ducking, a clear PI wasn't called. #2 literally grabbed Duckings right hand and held it back as the pass was arriving. That stopped a drive.

Still 17-16 when we did strip that ball from the LSU RB. He did strip it before the whistle, but no review even given.

There were a couple other things as well, but the ones I mentioned totally changed the momentum.

None of that is on CML! Even with the bad officiating if our WR's catch the damn ball we win.

So sick of you obnoxious jackasses waiting for any and every chance to pile on Leach. If you're so friggin' miserable watching our team under him, just go watch somebody else.

17!

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Same stuff we said last year. At some point this falls on the coaching.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We lost because our WR:s let us down multiple times, dropping passes right in their hand that killed drives.

The muffed punt should have been s penalty on LSU. The drive after on the 3rd down pass to Ducking, a clear PI wasn't called. #2 literally grabbed Duckings right hand and held it back as the pass was arriving. That stopped a drive.

Still 17-16 when we did strip that ball from the LSU RB. He did strip it before the whistle, but no review even given.

There were a couple other things as well, but the ones I mentioned totally changed the momentum.

None of that is on CML! Even with the bad officiating if our WR's catch the damn ball we win.

So sick of you obnoxious jackasses waiting for any and every chance to pile on Leach. If you so friggin' miserable watching our team under him, just go watch somebody else.

17!

You can only say these things so many times. When it keeps happening you have to look at the common denominator.

It's the apathetic ones that keep accepting and excusing this **** that needs to find another team.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Our receivers were in position to make plays. Yes, there were drops, but the throws from Will were bad. I counted 8 throws a good SEC QB makes where Will was way off target, most of them low and behind the receivers.

His interception at the end was sure TD if he puts the ball out there. He played timid. He played awful. He might have got hurt early, but he was awful.

But you are correct. This is not on CML. The plays were there. The execution was not.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Lot of blame to go around tonight, except for the defense. The problem is that we gave away yet another game we should have won.

Sep 12, 2013
Lot of blame to go around tonight, except for the defense. The problem is that we gave away yet another game we should have won.

You can’t blame the D tonight, but god it’s tough watching those guys running like they’re in quicksand.

This is the slowest defense I’ve ever seen.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Nope. These guys dropping passes is not and never will be on Leach. Any WR good enough to be in the SEC should not drop a pass in their hands.

Putting this on Leach is grasping at straws. That, or more of the same guys here who seem to go into every damn game eager for validation on why they didn't like the CML hire.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Our receivers were in position to make plays. Yes, there were drops, but the throws from Will were bad. I counted 8 throws a good SEC QB makes where Will was way off target, most of them low and behind the receivers.

His interception at the end was sure TD if he puts the ball out there. He played timid. He played awful. He might have got hurt early, but he was awful.

But you are correct. This is not on CML. The plays were there. The execution was not.

You almost got a Duck dance until you said this isn't on Leach. This team isn't where it should be in year 3.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I’m saying that we made these same “Leach doesnt play
and if this had just gone this way instead of that way” excuses last year.

KeyserSoze1999

Aug 26, 2015
I've heard the
"Mike Leach doesn't catch / drop any balls"
"Mike Leach doesn't throw any passes (TDs or INTs)"
"Mike Leach doesn't kick any FGs or XPTs"
"Mike Leach doesn't make any Blocks or miss any Blocks"
"Mike Leach doesn't blow any coverages or miss any tackles"

So if Mike Leach has so little influence on the outcomes / Wins & Losses - then why do we pay him $ so much? Like they said in "Money Ball" "If he's such a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?" None of us make any passes, catches, blocks or tackles anymore either and we also don't get $1 million dollar contracts either. With higher pay comes higher expectations and responsibilities - an expensive car is expected to last for more than 2 months, an expensive watch better keep good time and not break quickly, and expensive coach (Mullen at Florida) better not lose to Kentucky and Missouri (they fired his ***). SO WHY ARE WE AT MSU TOLD TO JUST ACCEPT ****** RESULTS AND NEVER BLAME THE FOLKS IN CHARGE?!!

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
We lost because our WR's let us down multiple times, dropping passes right in their hands that killed drives.

The muffed punt should have been a penalty on LSU for catch interference. 2 yd halo rule was taken away in 2018, but you still can't get inside shoulder pad length or that plus 1 yard if in front...even if you move out a second before the ball gets to the receiver. LSU guy was inches away right before the ball came down.

The drive after on the 3rd down pass to Ducking, a clear PI wasn't called. #2 literally grabbed Duckings right hand and held it back as the pass was arriving. That stopped a drive.

So sick of you obnoxious jackasses waiting for any and every chance to pile on Leach. If you're so friggin' miserable watching our team under him, just go watch somebody else.

17!
One more comment: Mike Leach is NOT Mississippi State University. Most of us were here long before him and most of us will still be here long after he is gone. He is a football coach. If you are a Mike Leach fan above all then feel free to follow him to his next gig, Key West. There are a lot worse things to do for sure. Hopefully he will be there very soon.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I'm far from apathetic. I'm just not kneejerk and do consider actual facts and details rather than just decide "common denominator" is the answer. The common denominator is not always the actual problem.

We have a coach who has put us in position to win most of the games we have played.

Last year we had a kicker who couldn't make extra points, much less field goals and cost us games. CML did everything he could to address that this year, getting better kickers, yet here we are in a 2nd game of 3 where we have missed extra points...3 in two games! Is that on Leach? He is the "common denominator" there as well.

Some of you guys should probably take a night or two before you start popping off on Leach. I damn sure can't remember any other HC we have had that makes me feel we legitimately have a great chsnce to win every game other than Bama each year.

With Mullen you just knew he was going to lose at least 2 games a year from bonehead game management, no matter how well our kids played. While we may not do better under CML, I still feel like we have a shot to be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC each year.

This is nothing like Moorhead who was a terrible HC who pretty much destroyed our program in a year.

Please just chill out a while and stop looking for reasons. If we were losing games consistently and not most often due to poor execution and/or bad calls that would be a different story. But if you look at all our losses objectively, it is a real stretch to say it is on Leach.

Consider the dropped passes. Do you really think CML doesn't coach these guys up enough? Think they don't understand the 12 plays we run? Think he has turned them from good hands to bad hands?

Of course not. No more than we can blame him last year for D1 kickers not being able to make chip shot FG's or XPT's.

Details matter if we're going to be fair evaluating Leach and his offense.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I'm far from apathetic. I'm just not kneejerk and do consider actual facts and details rather than just decide "common denominator" is the answer. The common denominator is not always the actual problem.

We have a coach who has put us in position to win most of the games we have played.

Last year we had a kicker who couldn't make extra points, much less field goals and cost us games. CML did everything he could to address that this year, getting better kickers, yet here we are in a 2nd game of 3 where we have missed extra points...3 in two games! Is that on Leach He is the "common denominator" there as well.

Some of you guys should probably take a night or two before you start popping off on Leach. I damn sure can't remember any other HC we have had that makes me feel we legitimately have a great chsnce to win every game other than Bama each year.

With Mullen you just knew he was going to lose at least 2 games a year from bonehead game management, no matter how well our kids played. While we may not do better under CML, I still feel like we have a shot to be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC each year.

This is nothing like Moorhead who was a terrible HC who pretty much destroyed our program in a year.

Please just chill out a while and stop looking for reasons. If we were losing games consistently and not most often due to poor execution and/or bad calls that would be a different story. But if you look at all our losses objectively, it is a real stretch to say it is on Leach.

Consider the dropped passes. Do you really think CML doesn't coach these guys up enough? Think they don't understand the 12 plays we run? Think he has turned them from good hands to bad hands?

Of course not. No more than we can blame him last year for D1 kickers not being able to make chip shot FG's or XPT's.

Details matter if we're going to be fair evaluating Leach and his offense.

Moorhead vs UM, 2-0. Leach, 0-2. Also check out Leach at WSU vs UW, something like 1-8. It's not like UDub was a powerhouse during those years either. Far from it. The air raid failed in the SEC, where it originated, when it was brand new. What makes you think what is the ultimate gimmick offense will work almost 40 years later.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Moorhead vs UM, 2-0. Leach, 0-2. Also check out Leach at WSU vs UW, something like 1-8. It's not like UDub was a powerhouse during those years either. Far from it. The air raid failed in the SEC, where it originated, when it was brand new. What makes you think what is the ultimate gimmick offense will work almost 40 years later.
Your points would be taken better if you’d get off that ridiculous egg bowl and rival record ********.

Dabo went like 0-5 vs South Carolina before he reeled off his big run.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Because his job is to get that WR open and to have a QB deliver a catchable ball.

Too many times we have had CML succeed in doing that only to have a WR drop the damn ball. Frustratung as hell, but still not his fault.

If his gameplan did not allow for WR separation or didn't allow our QB time to deliver that might be a different story. But that is clearly not ehat happened tonight.

Consider, if we hang onto most of those drops we still likely win this game comfortably, keeping the momemtum, leaving LSU 3-0, feeling really good about our chances to win at least 9 or 10 games.

But we did drop those open passes in the hands. Poor execution by some players did us in so for some this 2-1 instead of the 3-0 CML had us in position to be has in your minds either validated your initial impression or given you the chance to say it's the last straw.

I contend that shouldn't be the case with today's game. His gameplan was good.

Not on him.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Who in the hell said they were bigger Leach fams than State fans?

Do you equate support for Leach as not supporting MSU? If so, that's ridiculous.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
And you two can still just decide to not read. Thank God I've been able to put you on ignore, Msubullshitfan1. Too bad I can't also block your drivel when someone else quotes it.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Your points would be taken better if you’d get off that ridiculous egg bowl and rival record ********.

Dabo went like 0-5 vs South Carolina before he reeled off his big run.

Ok, let's keep a coach till he loses 5 egg bowls straight then. That will work. Great plan!!! That would be allowing another Vaught. The problem in this State is that is if WE let the rival get that far ahead, we are doomed. We HAVE to win the in state recruiting battle. That is an absolute given for us. I ain't talking about overall recruiting rankings, I'm talking about numbers of in state recruits. That IS our bread and butter. It's not theirs, but if they beat us there, we are screwed.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Ok, let's keep a coach till he loses 5 egg bowls straight then. That will work. Great plan!!! That would be allowing another Vaught. The problem in this State is that is if WE let the rival get that far ahead, we are doomed. We HAVE to win the in state recruiting battle. That is an absolute given for us. I ain't talking about overall recruiting rankings, I'm talking about numbers of in state recruits. That IS our bread and butter. It's not theirs, but if they beat us there, we are screwed.
Worked for Clemson. And that was during the Spurrier years.

Blah blah instate whatever. That’s gotten us where we are.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Are you serious? Kiffin did not inherit the dumpster fire Leach did after JoMo. And last year Leach had us playing better than OM. Once again, players **** the bed after looking the better prepared team.

CadaverDawg

Dec 5, 2011
Bear Bryant: "3 things can happen when you pass, and 2 of them are bad"

This is on Leach.

It's no surprise we got our lead running the ball...it's how you win in this league when you have a good defense. But we couldn't sustain it because we're built for the high flying, scoreboard lighting, offensive explosion they call the "Air Raid". Thank goodness.*

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Worked for Clemson. And that was during the Spurrier years.

Blah blah instate whatever. That’s gotten us where we are.

Think it works for us? Remember Clemson is the traditional power in the state of South Carolina. They already had a legit national title and a Heisman well before Dabo. South Carolina is the traditional loser there. Clemson is where the big money in that state is.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Bear Bryant: "3 things can happen when you pass, and 2 of them are bad"

This is on Leach.

It's no surprise we got our lead running the ball...it's how you win in this league when you have a good defense. But we couldn't sustain it because we're built for the high flying, scoreboard lighting, offensive explosion they call the "Air Raid". Thank goodness.*

YEP.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
True but they are doing a pretty good job with their defense adjusting. This was the first real test for our offensive line. They didn't do so hot

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Are you serious? Kiffin did not inherit the dumpster fire Leach did after JoMo. And last year Leach had us playing better than OM. Once again, players **** the bed after looking the better prepared team.
Hummm, JoMo beat UM both years with his "dumpster fire" yet his successor has lost two straight to the team that "dumpster fire" beat. We have some seriously deluded "fans". Our fanbase's football IQ is about -70.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
Well it is on him. He's the one that's picked the players to be out there that aren't executing. He's the one who hired the special teams coach that puts a return man back there that muffed the punt. He's the one that went for it on 4th down and called ****** plays. He's the one that hired the OL coach who recruited ****** OL. He's the one that recruited a QB that can't read a 17ing defense. At the end of the day, Leach is the one that put this team and coaches together so when they fail, yes it falls directly on him. The reason why people are pissed is because there's not many times we have more talent than LSU. When we are, we have to capitlize and beat thoser mother17ers. If leach can't beat them when he's got the better team, then how is he going to beat them when we don't?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

The only, and I mean the ONLY reason that Joe Moorhead has the Egg Bowl record that he has is because he got to coach against Matt Luke for two years. Leach, conversely, has had to deal with a much improved OM under Kiffin. It’s not remotely an apples to apples comparison.

The Washington/Washington State thing had far more to do with matchups and talent discrepancies than it did a pure rivalry aspect. It’s an entirely different conversation than whatever Egg Bowl issues Leach has had so far.

Willowdawg

Dec 25, 2020
We suck and probably are gonna finish worse than last year's team. I hate it just as much if not more than the next guy. It is what it is though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login