Zach Johnson, captain pick Justin Thomas. ...

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
They better win or Zach going to catch hell. I just dont see how you can take a guy that couldnt finish top 70 in fed ex points. Yes, he is great in past Ryder Cups and plays well with Jordan, but his golf this year has been awful.

Also, there are too many captins picks. I think top 10 should be automatic and 2 picks. Cam Young got screwed.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Normally, I am all over golf threads, but I don’t like what happened here. Jordan nor Justin haven’t played great golf this year. They have a few weeks to practice and turn it around. On the other hand, Lucas Glover and Keegan Bradley earned a respectable place in the Tour Championship and by meritorious play they should be given a chance to compete in Rome. I agree with ‘goindhoo’ that the monkey in on the back of Spieth and Thomas to produce, along with Captain Johnson.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
It's a massive risk. I would imagine there are some pissed off players who feel like the Ryder Cup is now a buddies club. US needs to win

Reactions: Dawg1976

patdog

May 28, 2007
They better win or Zach going to catch hell. I just dont see how you can take a guy that couldnt finish top 70 in fed ex points. Yes, he is great in past Ryder Cups and plays well with Jordan, but his golf this year has been awful.

Also, there are too many captins picks. I think top 10 should be automatic and 2 picks. Cam Young got screwed.
Thought this was a post about team captains for football this fall at first. Wondered who the heck Justin Thomas was. But yeah, I agree. Pick the players who are performing, not a big name who's been sucking all year.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
That’s just stupid. If you’re going to pick someone not playing we’ll just because of past Ryder cup experience, at least pick Patrick “Captain America” Reed.

• Haha
Reactions: hdogg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
You have to wonder if Johnson made this choice on his own or there were "outside" influences because on it's surface it doesn't make sense.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Stinks to high heaven. I would just go with the top 12 RC point players. Only fair way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login