Zavion Thomas to the portal**

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
This is what somebody was talking about last night. That Ra Ra stated he will make more money to bring some players with him right.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
How much of this is this generation's need for constant adoration, created by years of counting social media likes? Real life work hard for something meaningful and grind because you just should isn't a thing for them. This way they get to relive signing day glory over and over again.

ETA: How long before we have portal announcement hat switches and such?

Reactions: aTotal360

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
1670526493813.jpeg
I can’t help but notice there are more than one positives, but only one negative. Shouldn’t he stay if that’s the case?

Seriously, thanks for a good freshmen season and don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Honestly, I find it more concerning to lose players to the portal after many days of it being open versus losing a lot the day it opens.
The ones immediately leaving shows they were ready to go. Ones like ours leaving several days later make me want to think there’s something more going on. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but it seems shady AF to me that other schools are tampering with our guys.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Honestly, I find it more concerning to lose players to the portal after many days of it being open versus losing a lot the day it opens.
The ones immediately leaving shows they were ready to go. Ones like ours leaving several days later make me want to think there’s something more going on. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but it seems shady AF to me that other schools are tampering with our guys.

Nobody enters until they’ve already got a spot (or multiple potential spots) lined up somewhere else. This false belief that the players actually have to enter the portal to be pursued is the biggest laughing stock of the whole environment we are now in.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don’t think it would be unreasonable to request that these portal guys remove all MSU imagery and signage from their announcement graphics prior to posting
How about they tell the coach, leave and not post ****. You don't have to thank me, and I don't want to hear him thank God. I don't want to hear all that crap. Just freaking leave.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Any guesses on how many of these guys are entering the portal already have offers. I mean is there a downside of entering the portal and nobody picking you up ?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
going to try hard to parlay that 1 TD run back into a cash payday... hopefully wherever he goes he will be one of the top 4 receivers on the roster, otherwise he will again see limited playing time.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Any guesses on how many of these guys are entering the portal already have offers. I mean is there a downside of entering the portal and nobody picking you up ?
Well. Briwn Kelly has already said that LSU wouldn't be taking any more receivers this year. And he is dead set on going to LSU or Tulane. So it looks like it will be Tulane. If he wanted LSU so bad, he should have stayed at state another year and went to lsu next year. Now he's burning his free pass to transfer

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Nobody enters until they’ve already got a spot (or multiple potential spots) lined up somewhere else. This false belief that the players actually have to enter the portal to be pursued is the biggest laughing stock of the whole environment we are now in.
I heard on the SEC network that over a third of the players that put their names in transfer portal last year did not find another team.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
A simple solution to some of this would be to reinstate the rule that if you transfer within conference, you have to sit a year unless you're a grad transfer. If you transfer out of conference, you're good to go the next year.

It will not stop this flood of portal entries but it may stop some of these schools, err I mean "agents", from poaching other conference schools for their top talent.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login