Zebras got us

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Yes, the refs screwed us - especially at the beginning of the 2nd half. That said, we still had a chance to tie it at the end, but we didn’t call a TO and settled for a last second 2 when we were down by 3.

I‘m a fan of Jans and I like the direction he has the program heading, but we have to be better in a “last play” scenario.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Stolen from another board:

With 16 minutes to go in the second half, we were up by 10 points and had committed zero fouls.

We were then called for 8 fouls in the span of 4 minutes, including a stretch where we were called for 3 fouls in 2 SECONDS.
Don't commit dumb fouls 30' from the basket. Don't push back and forth with an opponent when you aren't even involved in the play.
There were some questionable calls. McNair's block seemed clean in real time and the replay didn't help clarify. Earlier in the game, Matthews' charge was...pretty lame to call.
And yet, Jeffries launched himself at every Bama player on the court multiple times and deserved every charge he picked up. He alone seemed to put Bama in the bonus.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
We are a team that generally doesn’t foul much. The display by the refs tonight was one sided affair. The refs were practically on their knees sucking off Bama. I really don’t buy that the officiating tonight was fair. Just really sick of these refs taking over the show. Let them play, stop already with the weak *** calls every 5 seconds. That makes the game of college basketball in general tough to watch sometimes.

Last edited:

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
The refs didn’t make Jeffries step out of bounds when he got a pass. And the refs didn’t make our last shot be from 2 pt range when it had to be a 3. This team is freaking ignorant. Tough to coach that up.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
There was a Bama inbounds play on our end where their guy just shoves our guy to the point he almost falls down. They were the only two down there so it wasn’t hidden from the refs. Oh well.

Having said that, our shooting didn’t help our case towards the end. We were hot and then went on a 0-5 shooting spree.

Reactions: grimedawg1

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
There was a Bama inbounds play on our end where their guy just shoves our guy to the point he almost falls down. They were the only two down there so it wasn’t hidden from the refs. Oh well.

Having said that, our shooting didn’t help our case towards the end. We were hot and then went on a 0-5 shooting spree.
Davis was guarding Miller. Miller was on one block and tried to get across the lane to the other block. He just shoved Davis all the way across the lane. I think they called a personal foul on each. But, that should have been a foul on Davis. He had position and Miller was just trying to run thru him straight across the lane.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Like Lizzo said, truth hurts. Nothing I said was not factual.
Anybody that starts a thread with "If Rick Ray Jans and the Bricklayers" cannot take the "truth hurts" stance. It's opinion, and a bad take at that....Rick Ray Jans? Really? Weak.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
DJ is mostly out of control, he has never heard of a pull up 8 footer. but on 1 charge he was clearly fouled before he charged.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
SEC Refs gonna SEC Ref.it’s really no different from what we see and expect in football.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login