“What becomes really important is long-standing rivalry games, geographic proximal games"

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Let's say in a couple of years bama has UGA and UT on their schedule and loses both, do you think they want LSU or us on the schedule? Even with a 12 team playoff, a three loss team getting in will be rare.
You don't seem to grasp that every team who isn't Alabama's permanent opponent has a 50-50 chance to be on Alabama's schedule on any given year.

Even if they don't get LSU as their third for whatever reason, they'll still draw them half the time, as well as Oklahoma, Florida, and the rest.

I could see your point if we were a uniquely terrible program like Vanderbilt or worse, but we aren't, we're solidly mid-tier and if Alabama doesn't get us one year, they'll probably get several similar tier programs like Ole Miss, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, etc.

Alabama is not going to demand us as a permanent opponent. The interest just isn't there. Alabama and everybody else understands that you have to create a schedule format that works and makes sense (logically and financially) for the whole conference, not one that just lets a few power programs schedule the easiest games.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSUDOG24 and patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I just wanna kick ery body's A$$ we line up agin. Tough goal but dats what our coaches and players be thinkin'.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You don't seem to grasp that every team who isn't Alabama's permanent opponent has a 50-50 chance to be on Alabama's schedule on any given year.

Even if they don't get LSU as their third for whatever reason, they'll still draw them half the time, as well as Oklahoma, Florida, and the rest.

I could see your point if we were a uniquely terrible program like Vanderbilt or worse, but we aren't, we're solidly mid-tier and if Alabama doesn't get us one year, they'll probably get several similar tier programs like Ole Miss, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, etc.

Alabama is not going to demand us as a permanent opponent. The interest just isn't there. Alabama and everybody else understands that you have to create a schedule format that works and makes sense (logically and financially) for the whole conference, not one that just lets a few power programs schedule the easiest games.
I hope you are right, but what makes us especially appealing to Saban is he can roll about a hundred miles down Hwy 82 and get an easy W. No plane ride involved, etc. I realize Oxford isn't much further, but Saban would probably play a young, inexperienced HC yearly over the next few years than Kiffen.

Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Sankey's latest statement should be concerning (for those of us worried we'll be Bama's 3rd perm opponent).

Our only hope is we don't end up with three perm opponents.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...tball-greg-sankey/SXDZEFIXIJDONI55HMBLXKZKVM/
“What becomes really important is long-standing rivalry games, geographic proximal games, and we want to work with our TV partners a little bit more before we make our final decisions,” said Sankey.
We are the loose chick at the prom everyone wants to frick

• Haha
Reactions: greenbean.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login