🏀 Nickels🪙 at U of MSU game thread 🏀

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Wtf was that last five seconds? Just awful. Jans looked super pissed after the buzzer. I bet the postgame locker room will not be pleasant
We need to improve our IQ. Several possessions at the end where we regressed to playground hoops

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Team doesn’t have someone like a Darryl Wilson you can rely on to control the last couple minutes of a game

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Wtf was that last five seconds? Just awful. Jans looked super pissed after the buzzer. I bet the postgame locker room will not be pleasant
I don’t think Jan’s wanted us to foul

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ugly win but still historic. We shot 80% from the line. Stevenson went 6 for 7. Just enough.

Since 2000 not a single team in the 358 division 1 teams have done what we're doing. Not in 21 years.

We will get hot and torch a few teams later this year. This was not one of those days.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Ugly win but still historic. We shot 80% from the line. Stevenson went 6 for 7. Just enough.

Since 2000 not a single team in the 358 division 1 teams have done what we're doing. Not in 21 years.

We will get hot and torch a few teams later this year. This was not one of those days.
Not a single team has done what?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Yeah I have to calm down. We are probably a top 25 team based on defense but that's about it. We'll find out when we played the top teams. I have to remind myself that no matter how much I was reminded of Rick Ray basketball down the stretch, we are still in year one of the new coach at the helm with a pastiche team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Until today under 60 points and 10-0. Today they got 66.

View attachment 282257
Yelling Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not happy about the last two games. Terrible performance against two very questionable teams.

But this has been a terrible week for all of us who love MSU and it still counts as two wins. And two wins that hopefully make it clear to these young kids that being ranked only means everybody you play is going to play that much harder.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Y'all just need to get it through your heads that the crowds have ALWAYS sucked prior to Christmas and REALLY sucked during Christmas Break, especially for the non-SEC games. I was a season ticket holder from 1989 till a year or two before Stans got run off. Those were mostly good years. They were a bit better back then before Greg Byrne chased the local stalwarts out in favor of corporate/big donors that only show up for Kentucky and Ole Miss, but not THAT much better.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Lots of Vaginal Discharge Going on in This Thread. The Entire University has been Gut Punched and NOT just the Six Pack and The Football Team. Take a Deep Breath and Understand What we've ALL been thru. In Due Time, This Too Will Pass.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Y'all just need to get it through your heads that the crowds have ALWAYS sucked prior to Christmas and REALLY sucked during Christmas Break, especially for the non-SEC games. I was a season ticket holder from 1989 till a year or two before Stans got run off. Those were mostly good years. They were a bit better back then before Greg Byrne chased the local stalwarts out in favor of corporate/big donors that only show up for Kentucky and Ole Miss, but not THAT much better.
Example
12-9-95.jpg

I was there and the crowd was as sleepy as the team that night.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Nicholls State starting five, four were 5th year seniors

And Jans say Drake is almost as good as Marquette. Crowd needed

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Heck, we just did not foul quick enough.

But, in a long season you have got to have a bit of luck.
When we look back after the season, how much luck will we see in the games before this one?

We might be using it all up too early. I love the way this team plays but lord have mercy we can't shoot for ****. A Jans team with a few shooters, sign me up for that.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Lots of Vaginal Discharge Going on in This Thread. The Entire University has been Gut Punched and NOT just the Six Pack and The Football Team. Take a Deep Breath and Understand What we've ALL been thru. In Due Time, This Too Will Pass.
Lordy dude, the basketball attendance today was nothing unusual at all for this time of year.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The put back would have counted as well yesterday to tie it

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Was there a little skirmish there after the handshakes?
Might have been. Also Number 0 for Nichols was talking **** to people on the sidelines the whole second half. I think he and Jeffries got double techs toward the beginning of the game. Dude wouldn’t shut up.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
It will be a light crowd until conference play
It may be germans and just me, but I used to really enjoy those December games before conference play. It might be because when the students are gone during Christmas break, MSU and Starkville both seem peaceful and quaint. Many good memories regardless of the outcome of those games.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It may be germans and just me, but I used to really enjoy those December games before conference play. It might be because when the students are gone during Christmas break, MSU and Starkville both seem peaceful and quaint. Many good memories regardless of the outcome of those games.
I remember one year (maybe 05 or 06) going to a mid December game against Charlotte and there was this white guy that played for them that had these awful looking tattoos on his arms. We kept hearing the small student section chanting something and clapping and finally figured out they were chanting “MAGIC MARKER” clap clap….clapclap.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I remember one year (maybe 05 or 06) going to a mid December game against Charlotte and there was this white guy that played for them that had these awful looking tattoos on his arms. We kept hearing the small student section chanting something and clapping and finally figured out they were chanting “MAGIC MARKER” clap clap….clapclap.
Back before they ended our student section and started selling those better seats. Of course, we really haven't had a whole lot for the students of show up and cheer about.

Damn I miss those days.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
The put back would have counted as well yesterday to tie it

It shouldn’t have. The clock mysteriously froze at 1.7 while the 3 was in the air. Plus it was late starting, didn’t start on the initial deflection.

Still, though, that’s why you don’t foul up 4. Don’t stop the clock for them, when they need multiple possessions to tie/win.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login