🏀 Nickels🪙 at U of MSU game thread 🏀

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I remember one year (maybe 05 or 06) going to a mid December game against Charlotte and there was this white guy that played for them that had these awful looking tattoos on his arms. We kept hearing the small student section chanting something and clapping and finally figured out they were chanting “MAGIC MARKER” clap clap….clapclap.
@Maroon Eagle

....and then there's BUBBA from Delta State --- "SHOOT!"

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
It shouldn’t have. The clock mysteriously froze at 1.7 while the 3 was in the air. Plus it was late starting, didn’t start on the initial deflection.

Still, though, that’s why you don’t foul up 4. Don’t stop the clock for them, when they need multiple possessions to tie/win.
I was at the game and knew that felt like more than 2.5 seconds. All the people around me were like "what the hell just happened, and how the hell did they get two shots that good off?" Jeffries (or whoever) needs to chunk that ball to the other end of the court from now on.

Before that, I expected their FT shooter to intentionally miss the second and the way we had been rebounding, I gave them about 50% chance to get the rb and get a good look. Their odds seemed much better doing that, but at that point I didn't expect us to inbound directly to them.

Anyway, no complaints on a W, just have to chalk this up as "whew" and move on.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Oh, and yes, their little pain in the *** (I think he was #11, who had also been jawing all game) came up in the middle of our postgame huddle and tried to start some ****. It could have easily gone the way of the Michigan-Mich State hallway incident this football season. Dude was about to get done wrong by about 10 people.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login