🔒 Freshman OL Sam Westmoreland has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I just got that bulletin on my phone. All it said was the death is under investigation and no further comment at this time. It evidently happened this morning.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I don't know why. Probably because I had a tough time up until that age dealing with all the teenage ********. But something about somebody passing at this age makes me even sadder than an older adult, or a little kid, or a baby.
Yep, I remember being bumbed out about Koby's copter crash but then I started thinking how much worse it was that his daughter was aboard.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Hmm. As far as I know, it always comes at the end.
You Suck Colin Jost GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
No details concerning his death?

How/why did he die?
Nothing official has been stated, but looking at the circumstantial evidence it appears to be suicide. Will Rogers tweeting it's ok to not be ok. Paul Jones tweeting we don't always know the depths of someone's depression. A statement that he was found at a church down Blackjack Rd but that foul play was not suspected. End of the day he's gone and my heart breaks for his family regardless of cause. I just pray that somehow, someday, they are able to find a measure of peace in all this.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Nothing official has been stated, but looking at the circumstantial evidence it appears to be suicide. Will Rogers tweeting it's ok to not be ok. Paul Jones tweeting we don't always know the depths of someone's depression. A statement that he was found at a church down Blackjack Rd but that foul play was not suspected. End of the day he's gone and my heart breaks for his family regardless of cause. I just pray that somehow, someday, they are able to find a measure of peace in all this.
Right. That makes sense.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm close with some folks that knew this kid. To say it is a shock would be an absolute understatement.

Just terrible.

Dawgzilla3

Oct 20, 2022
Welp, I've never been banned from an internet message board before, but y'all have shown me the error of my ways.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who cannot tolerate a small attempt at levity in a thread about a death. Until you all learn to find humor in the absurdity of life and tragedy, you are doomed to live a miserable existence.

What was my crime? I poked fun at Rupert Jenkins inartful attempt to state the obvious: that the death of young people hits us harder than the death of older folks.

That's it. I didn't insult anyone, make light of the death in question, or break any board rules. Some of you chose to post a red faced emoji which is fine, although it says more about you than me.. 2 others were so incensed that you decided to detract from the subject of the thread to instruct me on how I should respond.

Guys, this is a mostly anonymous sports message board. When you start thinking you have the right to tell people how they should feel and express those feelings, its time to put down the keyboard, go outside, and get some fresh air. But put on a sweater first, it's cold out

Y"all may now resume making Westmoreland's death all about yourselves

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Welp, I've never been banned from an internet message board before, but y'all have shown me the error of my ways.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who cannot tolerate a small attempt at levity in a thread about a death. Until you all learn to find humor in the absurdity of life and tragedy, you are doomed to live a miserable existence.

What was my crime? I poked fun at Rupert Jenkins inartful attempt to state the obvious: that the death of young people hits us harder than the death of older folks.

That's it. I didn't insult anyone, make light of the death in question, or break any board rules. Some of you chose to post a red faced emoji which is fine, although it says more about you than me.. 2 others were so incensed that you decided to detract from the subject of the thread to instruct me on how I should respond.

Guys, this is a mostly anonymous sports message board. When you start thinking you have the right to tell people how they should feel and express those feelings, its time to put down the keyboard, go outside, and get some fresh air. But put on a sweater first, it's cold out

1666276494525.png

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Yes, you did "poke fun", at a most inopportune time, w/in hours of his body being found, let it soak in. I think its a good idea that you have there, "its time to put down the keyboard, go outside, and get some fresh air" and hope you stay awhile.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Go Drink Dick Juice.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014

That's it. I didn't insult anyone, make light of the death in question, or break any board rules. Some of you chose to post a red faced emoji which is fine, although it says more about you than me.. 2 others were so incensed that you decided to detract from the subject of the thread to instruct me on h
Yes, you did "poke fun", at a most inopportune time, w/in hours of his body being found, let it soak in. I think its a good idea that you have there, "its time to put down the keyboard, go outside, and get some fresh air" and hope you stay awhile.

ow I should respond.
Not the way you did. Terrible bedside manner. Show some respect. Even to the ones that did not know him. The great thing about cheering for a college team is you have a community in which we all identify. In a sense, we are a Bulldog family, and right now, that family is hurting. I have seen more class in Ole Miss fans. That's saying a lot.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Speaking out of character of my persona on here I hope his family is prayed for and supported. Also it is amazing to me, a guy who plays the devil on here, that there would be a argument in this thread. Can’t we all just say this is awful news and stop the trying to be funny or cute when one of our guys is gone? As a new father to a seven month old, first child, I can not imagine the pain his family is going through. Sorry to step out of character for a second there but that was on my heart.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004

Man, it seems pretty basic to me…maybe limit the joking in a thread about a teenager’s death? Levity is important, but so are manners and discretion. Just my opinion, though.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

A little common sense is all it takes. Read the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login