10/15-10/19/24 CFB games (other than PSU vs. Bye)

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
And that includes their coach. They've got 4th and 1 and if they get the first down, they can pretty much bleed out the clock. Instead, Riley goes for the FG and it gets blocked. They've already had enough FG troubles in the game. Why not just sack up and trust the o-line to get that 1-2 yards and win the game?
Because a successful FG makes it a two score lead and effectively ices the game?

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
That last one was pretty clear targeting to me. That part of the targeting rule is protecting the tackler just as much as the offensive player...as coaches have been saying for generations, "see what you hit". You're jeopardizing two players by dropping your head and hitting with the crown.

I'm just astounded at seeing players at this stage of their lives putting their heads down to tackle someone. It makes me think they're not being taught fundamentals at the midget or mite level. This is something that was drilled into our heads from day 1 at that level. I would never ever think of lowering my head to make a tackle. See what you hit!

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I'm just astounded at seeing players at this stage of their lives putting their heads down to tackle someone. It makes me think they're not being taught fundamentals at the midget or mite level. This is something that was drilled into our heads from day 1 at that level. I would never ever think of lowering my head to make a tackle. See what you hit!

Who gets a gazillion likes on Tik-Tok by arm tackling?

Fundamentals don’t win followers.

• Sad
Reactions: LionsAndBears

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I’d like to remind the board that in the Sports Illustrated pregame article on the PSU-Miami Fiesta Bowl, some writer said flat out that “They’re (1986 Penn State) the best tackling team I’ve ever seen.”

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login