$100m gift to MSU

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I'm here waiting for the first person to suggest investing in Bitcoin...

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki

(Seriously though, it truly is awesome news...)

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Miss State is truly fulfilling its mission to educate the citizens of the state of Mississippi. So many of us came from nothing and attained a level of success in our lives and careers due in large part to the education we received at State. It's the thing I'm proudest of when it comes to our university.

Good on Mr. and Mrs. Bishop for making a difference in so many lives through their generous contribution.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Native of Smith County. I wish there was a compilation of the number of engineers from the post-war era and on into the 50s and 60s who came out of lowly Smith County, made their way to State, got that engineering degree and went on to do great things. They taught the hell out of math back in those days down in Smith County is all I can figure.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Somewhere, someone is calculating how to raise tuition buy $100mil over the next 10 years.

Sadly, after being impressed and appreciative of this incredibly generous gift to many future MSU students, the next thing that crossed my mind was how ridiculous the cost of higher education has gotten in my adult lifetime.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
That is tremendous. It is awesome to see someone from Mississippi invest in its future. I hope this helps educate a lot of Mississippians and that some of them decide to stay home.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Miss State is truly fulfilling its mission to educate the citizens of the state of Mississippi. So many of us came from nothing and attained a level of success in our lives and careers due in large part to the education we received at State. It's the thing I'm proudest of when it comes to our university.

Good on Mr. and Mrs. Bishop for making a difference in so many lives through their generous contribution.
When I clear my first Billion, which I am well on my way, I will donate 20 million to NIL only.

Reactions: HRMSU
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login