2 things that need to be outlawed

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
1. Gatorade Baths. They have run their course. Damn you Harry Carson.

2. Heart Hands. Please I beg everyone to stop. Need to start a rumor it is anti-LGBTQ.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Heard recently that some Gen Z see this emoji as offensive now 👍🏼

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
No ban needed. That sounds like I would ever have done this in my life. I would not.

Seems weak minded to ban stuff to me. How about don’t do something you do not like and. If get offended by an emoji grow some thicker skin.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
1. Gatorade Baths. They have run their course. Damn you Harry Carson.

2. Heart Hands. Please I beg everyone to stop. Need to start a rumor it is anti-LGBTQ.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
I could handle water but if Gatorade I'm telling reporters to 17 off and head straight to the shower. Some players would be owing me some serious laps too.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
No ban needed. That sounds like I would ever have done this in my life. I would not.

Seems weak minded to ban stuff to me. How about don’t do something you do not like and. If get offended by an emoji grow some thicker skin.
I would never do either. I am just tired of seeing it Everytime a camera stops on a person on TV for one second. The Olympics is driving me nuts.

On the Gatorade it seems every team thinks it is mandatory to dowse the coach if they win a game. It was cute when Harry Carson invented it in the 1980s. It is now 2024 so come up with something original. It would be like if on every single touchdown scored that the person did the Billy White shoes Johnson dance. They don't. They try to come up with something new.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Care to elaborate? What does it supposedly represent that's offensive?
It is considered sarcastic or passive-aggressive. Like you don't really care about whatever you are responding to. Same as receiving a text that just says K.
Some people even use the thumbs up emoji ironically, so it has lost any meaning.

Reactions: Dawgg

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I intend to do horns down. I hope no one is offended by it. If I do it and you tear up, angry-style, 17-you. Too bad we don’t have something like that for the A&M/Milkpersons ( seriously, some of those guys use ‘she’ as a pronoun.)

Reactions: aTotal360

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I would never do either. I am just tired of seeing it Everytime a camera stops on a person on TV for one second. The Olympics is driving me nuts.

On the Gatorade it seems every team thinks it is mandatory to dowse the coach if they win a game. It was cute when Harry Carson invented it in the 1980s. It is now 2024 so come up with something original. It would be like if on every single touchdown scored that the person did the Billy White shoes Johnson dance. They don't. They try to come up with something new.
Add into that chasing down a player who gets a walkoff hit to sling water on him from water bottles and rip off his jersey.

You clinch a playoff spot like that and want to celebrate? Cool. You win a postseason game like that? Have at it. But when the 52-57 Tigers beat the 47-61 Angels on a walkoff, it's just not necessary. To be immediately followed by the field reporter grabbing the player for an interview and having to dodge the Gatorade bath. The whole act is tired and predictable.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
It is considered sarcastic or passive-aggressive. Like you don't really care about whatever you are responding to. Same as receiving a text that just says K.
Some people even use the thumbs up emoji ironically, so it has lost any meaning.
Sarcasm, oh, the horror!

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

"2 things that need to be outlawed"​

Sideline reporters for football. Particularly ones like Holly Rowe asking head coaches stupid coach speak questions on their way into the locker room at halftime like, "coach you're down 14 at the half, what are you going to have to do different in the 2nd half?"

The homerun celebration where everybody jumps up and batter chest bumps somebody and the little celebration at 2nd base they do when they've hit a double i.e. shooting the arrow, chest bumping, etc. Its only a double dude and you're still down by 5.......

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
While we’re at it, there are about a hundred phrases from the last decade like “and I’m here for it” or “Put some respect on his/her name” that I’d like to kill, effective immediately. In other words, basically anything that LeBron commonly tweets

If you want to spot a sheep and/or idiot in a crowd, count how many times they say stuff like that throughout a normal conversation.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
the little celebration at 2nd base they do when they've hit a double i.e. shooting the arrow, chest bumping, etc. Its only a double dude and you're still down by 5.......

My nephew plays 13U travel ball and one day I got recruited to pick him up from practice. He texted me at the pickup time and said they were staying over 30 extra minutes. I was already on the way so when I got there I walked up to the field to watch a bit. All the players were on the field sliding into bases and practicing different little double celebration moves. Coaches were sitting in the dugout just shaking their heads at them...

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
While we’re at it, there are about a hundred phrases from the last decade like “and I’m here for it” or “Put some respect on his/her name” that I’d like to kill, effective immediately. In other words, basically anything that LeBron commonly tweets

If you want to spot a sheep and/or idiot in a crowd, count how many times they say stuff like that throughout a normal conversation.
I hate the use of "in space" by the newer color men on TV. Nothing sticks in my craw worse.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I hate the phrase "I get it." Sometimes it's fine, but it is really overused these days. Particularly in entertainment. Some scripts are just littered with the phrase, as if it demonstrates some deep meaning.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login