2022 - 2023 Premier League Thread

MJG-90

Oct 12, 2021
Liverpool looks like they are the ones in the relegation battle. Down two goals to nil at Wolves.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Big L for the gunners. @RyanSnyder

Everton have a long way to go, but man, it was nice to see them play hard and get after it for the new manager. They're out of the relegation zone for now with the Merseyside Derby up next. If they play like that against Liverpool next week, win, lose or draw, I think the supporters will start to feel better about everything.

Everton's last six managers have won their first match in charge going back to Allardyce, so we've seen this before. They start out strong and then revert to previous form, but with Liverpool being next, I would hope they give another strong performance next week. I believe it's Monday night.

But that was nice to see. It's been hard to get into the EPL for me the past two years. Obviously, I was glued to the TV during the final 10 or so matches last year praying they survive, but it's been hard to get behind this owner and the board. They've destroyed this club.

With the new stadium still two years away, this issue, even if they stay up, isn't going away. They have no money to invest right now.

Reactions: LealandLoyal

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Everton have a long way to go, but man, it was nice to see them play hard and get after it for the new manager. They're out of the relegation zone for now with the Merseyside Derby up next. If they play like that against Liverpool next week, win, lose or draw, I think the supporters will start to feel better about everything.

Everton's last six managers have won their first match in charge going back to Allardyce, so we've seen this before. They start out strong and then revert to previous form, but with Liverpool being next, I would hope they give another strong performance next week. I believe it's Monday night.

But that was nice to see. It's been hard to get into the EPL for me the past two years. Obviously, I was glued to the TV during the final 10 or so matches last year praying they survive, but it's been hard to get behind this owner and the board. They've destroyed this club.

With the new stadium still two years away, this issue, even if they stay up, isn't going away. They have no money to invest right now.
Liverpool is in worse shape right now somehow. Odd year.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Tottenham’s Romero gets his second yellow card of the match in the 87th minute, so Spurs will play the rest of the way down a man. Still up, 1-0.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Ruh Roh Man City

City allegedly breached Premier League financial rules over a period of nine seasons. They are alleged to have not provided accurate financial information, “in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs”.

They also allegedly did not fully disclose managerial remuneration for a four-year period.

City’s breaches have now been referred to a commission.

The Premier League has also alleged that City did not comply with UEFA’s regulations around club licensing and financial fair play in 2013-14 and between 2014-15 and 2017-18. They also breached Premier League rules on profit and sustainability in 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.

City are also alleged to have not cooperated and assisted the Premier League in their investigation between, “including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith”, between 2018-19 and 2022-23.

UPDATE:

According to Premier League rule W.51.4, a commission has the power to recommend:

• Point deductions
  • Club suspension
  • Match replays
  • Expulsion from the league
This may turn into a huge story!

Last edited:

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Ruh Roh Man City

City allegedly breached Premier League financial rules over a period of nine seasons. They are alleged to have not provided accurate financial information, “in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs”.

They also allegedly did not fully disclose managerial remuneration for a four-year period.

The Premier League has also alleged that City did not comply with UEFA’s regulations around club licensing and financial fair play in 2013-14 and between 2014-15 and 2017-18. They also breached Premier League rules on profit and sustainability in 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.

City are also alleged to have not cooperated and assisted the Premier League in their investigation between, “including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith”, between 2018-19 and 2022-23.

I’m sure it’s all just a misunderstanding.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Ruh Roh Man City

UPDATE:

According to Premier League rule W.51.4, a commission has the power to recommend:

• Point deductions
  • Club suspension
  • Match replays

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Ruh Roh Man City

UPDATE:

• Point deductions
  • Club suspension
  • Match replays
chelsea fc truth GIF

GIF is Chelsea, but same applies for what City will get. Maybe a stern finger pointing and talking too as well. I'll be shocked if much is done.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Any precedent? Taking away points?
They could, but it sounds like this will take time so it probably wouldn't even be this year. They already gave City the boot for 2 years from Euro competition and fined them 30 million only to back off of that. I'm just skeptical of any sports governing party doing anything to a major player in the sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
11 months on the job. What a joke. What mastermind is Leeds going to appoint that will magically turn this ship right around in short order? He's prob not even unpacked and already canned. Ownership should be ashamed and also replaced if they are that bad at decision making to hire and fire someone within an 11 month span.

Glad that Arsenal weren't that rash and stuck it out with MA while most were calling him too green and incapable. Glad they weren't cowards like the Leeds leadership.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login