2022 - 2023 Premier League Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Although I'm glad it stood, I don't know how it's deemed that Rashford is not impeding on that first goal. He doesn't have to touch the ball to impede play.

@Alphabets -- on a general scale, you're correct that a player doesn't have to touch the ball to impede play. However, there are limits to where that applies. Basically, you could call Rashard for active involvement while running after the ball IF he also prevents a defender from playing the ball. That does not appear to happen in the video. The other way it applies is if the offensive player in an offside position shields the GK when another offensive player shoots on goal. That's not the case in the video, so it wouldn't apply in this situation.

So while the play looks unusual, because Rashford didn't touch the pass (as best as I can tell; there is one point early in the play where it's tough to tell if he got a small touch or not) while Fernandes, who was onside, took the shot and scored, it was called correctly. The ref instructions for a pass to a player in an offside position is to keep the flag down until the ref sees who actually plays the ball, in case either a defensive player or another offensive player who is onside is the one that actually plays the ball first, which is exactly what happened on this play.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Man Utd Football GIF by Manchester United

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Wild overturned PK in Fulham vs Newcastle. Mitrovic of Fulham taking PK and double hits ball off standing foot and goal was disallowed. No score so far. Have never seen that before.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Final: Chelsea 1, Crystal Palace 0

Palace had their chances but couldn’t find the back of the goal.

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
Lloris gives up an awful goal to Saka.
Arsenal 1-0. Sacre friggin bleu!
That was a tough one for Hugo. I think it's clear at this point that he is not the same player that he once was. Some age gracefully, some drop off of a cliff. I've always liked Hugo, but his time may be coming faster than some anticipated.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
That was a tough one for Hugo. I think it's clear at this point that he is not the same player that he once was. Some age gracefully, some drop off of a cliff. I've always liked Hugo, but his time may be coming faster than some anticipated.
In something like ten straight fixtures, Tottenham’s opponent has scored first. They’re always playing from behind.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
In something like ten straight fixtures, Tottenham’s opponent has scored first. They’re always playing from behind.
Hard to pickup points that way. Spurs are in the middle of a brutal stretch of games too.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021

They do have City 2 more times as well as MU this weekend, but with the form they are in I don't see them dropping more than 3 points. You never know, but I would think they will win the league by 5+ points assuming they stay healthy in certain key spots. Zaha and Odegaard would be 2 that are pretty critical IMO.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Great news for Arsenal today. United dropped 2 points late today when CP tied it up in the 88th minute or so on a great direct kick. Better news for Arsenal is Casemiro cannot play Sunday due to card accumulation. He has been the biggest difference maker for United on this run and missed knee in goal in the 92nd to win it. You let these clubs stay around and you'll get bitten sometimes.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Great news for Arsenal today. United dropped 2 points late today when CP tied it up in the 88th minute or so on a great direct kick. Better news for Arsenal is Casemiro cannot play Sunday due to card accumulation. He has been the biggest difference maker for United on this run and missed knee in goal in the 92nd to win it. You let these clubs stay around and you'll get bitten sometimes.
Man City v Spurs tomorrow, Thursday, at 3, Peacock.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Royal with a header after another gaffe in the City goal area. Spurs 2-0

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Yet another great take from LaJolla. LOL.
Who is this DB? Anyone know? Seems like a City fan. People that understand the sport and who I root for would know why I was rooting for the Spurs. You don’t post much, try even less.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Who is this DB? Anyone know? Seems like a City fan. People that understand the sport and who I root for would know why I was rooting for the Spurs. You don’t post much, try even less.
Why do people try to make things complicated? Every United and Arsenal fan was thrilled at 2-0.

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Why do people try to make things complicated? Every United and Arsenal fan was thrilled at 2-0.
Yup. Just like every City fan will be pulling for MU on Sunday. I just don’t see them winning away minus Casemiro. Huge drop off behind him. City and Arsenal have 3 to play with one being the FA Cup. It could get tight but City seem more vulnerable than in years past for some reason.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Yup. Just like every City fan will be pulling for MU on Sunday. I just don’t see them winning away minus Casemiro. Huge drop off behind him. City and Arsenal have 3 to play with one being the FA Cup. It could get tight but City seem more vulnerable than in years past for some reason.
I’m loving the ride on top of the table.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I’m loving the ride on top of the table.
You should be. They are in great form and have some cushion. City is still the wild card and to think they have the options on the bench that can compete for a top 4 spot. Hopefully today didn’t wake them up. I’d much rather see Arsenal win it than City. I’m pretty pumped with Hag is doing. Finish in the top 4, Glazers sell the team, and find a striker. My wishlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This weekend's TV schedule:

Saturday
7:30 am EST -- Liverpool vs. Chelsea (Peacock)
10:00 am EST -- AFC Bournemouth vs. Nottingham Forest (Peacock)
10:00 am EST -- Southampton vs. Aston Villa (Peacock)
10:00 am EST -- Leicster C. vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (Peacock)
10:00 am EST -- West Ham U. vs. Everton (USA Network)
12:30 pm EST -- Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle U (NBC)

Sunday
9:00 am EST -- Man C. vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (USA Network)
9:00 am EST -- Leeds U. vs. Brentford (Peacock)
12:30 am EST -- Arsenal vs. Man U. (NBC)

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
MC 3-0 win Haaland with the hat trick.
MU 1-0 over Arsenal, Rashford with the goal. First half.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login