2022 Battle For The Golden Egg Game Thread

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Player of the game…. Jet Johnson for picking up a ball sitting on the grass.
I’m still baffled by that entire sequence. Following the initial huddle, the ref says that the ruling is that an inadvertent whistle means that the play never happened, and they’ll replay 1st down. Fast forward 2-3 minutes, and they rule that the play did happen, it was a backwards pass, and it’s State’s ball. No further mention of the inadvertent whistle

How do you go from one bizarre ruling to a completely different extreme in that short time period?

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Agreed. Hence, him being decent and not good/great. He’s a much better QB than I could ever be, so I’ll give credit where it is due, however, it ain’t his ticket to stardom

Reactions: thatsbaseball

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
I’m still baffled by that entire sequence. Following the initial huddle, the ref says that the ruling is that an inadvertent whistle means that the play never happened, and they’ll replay 1st down. Fast forward 2-3 minutes, and they rule that the play did happen, it was a backwards pass, and it’s State’s ball. No further mention of the inadvertent whistle

How do you go from one bizarre ruling to a completely different extreme in that short time period?
My pessimistic *** is convinced it’s because they knew it was a backwards pass and we’re trying to give OM a break. But couldn’t once it was called to the carpet

Reactions: BigDawg0074

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012

It was a very weird call. The pass was obviously backward, the whistle thing seemed like BS but the players all stopped. These refs were horrendous but that’s normal these days. I was absolutely furious that our guys weren’t going after the ball. Pick the damn thing up regardless!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login