2022 Gamecock Baseball

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
How are you feeling about it? Playoffs? Super-regionals? Omaha? What are your realistic expectations? I can't get beyond playoffs.
Well, I feel good the season is here and I'll call myself optimistic simply because of that. I'll continue to be that until I'm not. Playoffs as always should be a must and I kinda think the road may be a little easier this year. It's real hard to predict how Kingston manages the team, what direction he wants to go or what direction he actually takes so that's always a question mark. But I like the schedule. Unlike last year, we got Texas at home, Vandy at home for an early conference matchup, a good Ole Miss at home and no Arkansas this year. Looking back, that was a pretty brutal schedule last year.
If we dont make the playoffs... well, I ain't ready go there yet. Let's just say we absolutely must. Improvement should include a super regional appearance but we got a lot to see before then.

Last edited:
Reactions: King Ward

BT Gamecock

Joined Apr 17, 2009 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
Seems like a new squad based on what I saw from Fall practices. I get the feeling that pitching may not be quite as good as last year, but the offense should be better. Looking forward to seeing how this team does!

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Seems like a new squad based on what I saw from Fall practices. I get the feeling that pitching may not be quite as good as last year, but the offense should be better. Looking forward to seeing how this team does!
Yeah it's hard to comment on guys when the roster isnt set. I think if pitching is adequate, we should be fine if our offensive approach continues to improve... which I hope it will if we have brought guys in tailored to what we wish to exicute. It kinda looks like that is what we have been attempting to do with the last few classes. It's gonna be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: BT Gamecock

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
Well, I feel good the season is here and I'll call myself optimistic simply because of that. I'll continue to be that until I'm not. Playoffs as always should be a must and I kinda think the road may be a little easier this year. It's real hard to predict how Kingston manages the team, what direction he wants to go or what direction he actually takes so that's always a question mark. But I like the schedule. Unlike last year, we got Texas at home, Vandy at home for an early conference matchup, a good Ole Miss at home and no Arkansas this year. Looking back, that was a pretty brutal schedule last year.
If we dont make the playoffs... well, I ain't ready go there yet. Let's just say we absolutely must. Improvement should include a super regional appearance but we got a lot to see before then.
I hope having Scott Wingo on staff brings new life to how the games will be managed.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
I hope having Scott Wingo on staff brings new life to how the games will be managed.
Not sure how much say he'll have developing hitters (I hope a lot) but one thing's for sure, he's going to be aggressive coaching third. Hopefully we'll have some speed to go along with that but regardless, it's hard to get upset at guys for being agressive. Not to mention having a proven winner on the team is HUGE. Should be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Maybe some version of it. This group might not be able to handle it in its unvarnished form.
You'd need to lay it out for them but bring it in it's current form. Never has it been more relevant than it is now, with what's his name as head coach.

Reactions: King Ward

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
How are you feeling about it? Playoffs? Super-regionals? Omaha? What are your realistic expectations? I can't get beyond playoffs.
I always think Supers, but we lost a good bit on the mound so I don’t know. Definitely make the field of 64(as we should always do), but I’ll wait for the Texas series to see what the pitching looks like, and if the new hitting coach has cut the strikeouts down before I say Supers or Omaha. Being able to put the ball in play a lot more may even trump the pitching with this team. For me anyway.