2024 Eagles Thread

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

Sheesh. Those 2023 collapse stats are stunning. And it gets worse (not better) for Sirianni with time.

That staff was utterly clueless. They made the worst choice with every decision and seemed to make no attempt to evolve and offense that the league had figured out.

All of that perpetuates the narrative that Nick was a rah-rah, big picture coach whose success depended on highly competent coordinators who had become head coaches.

He’s lucky that Lurie is a somewhat patient and methodical owner.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Sheesh. Those 2023 collapse stats are stunning. And it gets worse (not better) for Sirianni with time.

That staff was utterly clueless. They made the worst choice with every decision and seemed to make no attempt to evolve and offense that the league had figured out.

All of that perpetuates the narrative that Nick was a rah-rah, big picture coach whose success depended on highly competent coordinators who had become head coaches.

He’s lucky that Lurie is a somewhat patient and methodical owner.
IMO he's lucky hes a yes man for Lurie and Howie. I do not believe it was Nick's decision to hire any of last yrs coordinators, let alone this years. I do not believe it was Nicks decision to hire Matt Patrica . Nor do I believe it was Nick who made the call to switch coordinators mid season. I think they were all Howie's decision. Lets face it, Doug would still be the HC in Philly if Lurie wasnt trying to micro manage his staff.
on the whole I like Nike, and I love the Eagles, but there are times I think both Howie and Lurie mess with the football side too much. its only because of a guy like Jerry Jones we dont see it as much.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
As someone who grew up outside of Pittsburgh but has been living in Harrisburg for the last 17 years the Eagles have really grown on me. I bought a Saquon Giants jersey when he was drafted and it is the only non-Steelers jersey for an NFL player I own. I am probably going to grab an Eagles Saquon jersey as well. I really do like this Eagles team. I have a feeling Saquon is finally going to be able to shine without having to do all of the heavy lifting.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

It will be a critical year for Jalen and Howie. Can Jalen adapt to a new offense, one that may resemble a more traditional NFL scheme and allow him to shed the "mobile QB" label? If Jalen doesn't work out, then can Howie survive extending two failed franchise QBs to record deals? He's not in a typical GM-Owner dynamic with Lurie, but the count of GMs to survive something like that is at or close to zero.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
It will be a critical year for Jalen and Howie. Can Jalen adapt to a new offense, one that may resemble a more traditional NFL scheme and allow him to shed the "mobile QB" label? If Jalen doesn't work out, then can Howie survive extending two failed franchise QBs to record deals? He's not in a typical GM-Owner dynamic with Lurie, but the count of GMs to survive something like that is at or close to zero.
I’m a big Hurts fan but last year was a letdown. No real growth from game to game. Something was missing. It’s nice to think that Saquon will make a positive difference for Hurts but the Eagles had Swift last year, he’s not chopped liver.

Reactions: A2nit

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Earlier this week, in his article on the hottest/most intriguing camp battles, Roob predicted that Cooper DeJean would end up winning the starting role as the slot CB. And now this. smh

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I’m a big Hurts fan but last year was a letdown. No real growth from game to game. Something was missing. It’s nice to think that Saquon will make a positive difference for Hurts but the Eagles had Swift last year, he’s not chopped liver.
Thus 2024 being make or break. The franchise fired its coordinators. If you make that change and Hurts still isn’t right, then you have to look at him.

Reactions: s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Thus 2024 being make or break. The franchise fired its coordinators. If you make that change and Hurts still isn’t right, then you have to look at him.
you can almost say the same thing for SB, If he cant run behind 3 pro bowlers than you have to look at him.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
you can almost say the same thing for SB, If he cant run behind 3 pro bowlers than you have to look at him.
I think Saquon is more established given his production in a bad Giants offense. Health is the big issue with Saquon. If he's healthy and gets enough touches (still a question in the Eagles offense), then he'll be highly productive.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I think Saquon is more established given his production in a bad Giants offense. Health is the big issue with Saquon. If he's healthy and gets enough touches (still a question in the Eagles offense), then he'll be highly productive.
I am , as is all Eagles fans, counting on you being correct!!!

• Haha
Reactions: WestSideLion

Latest posts