2024 Eagles Thread

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021

telling you... don't overlook the relationship between those two guys. The last time we had DBs that had a tight relationship was lito/sheldon. drafted together, rookies together, lockdown DBs together. that's one thing that I think Howie is doing really well lately: drafting players that can bond and build a relationship. from the same university (Georgia players), drafting the same position in the same draft... look at Smith/Carter/Davis on the DL (with Ojomo being drafted in the same Carter/Smith draft)

essentially, there's a growing sentiment of relationship all around the D, and I like it

Kinda seeing it on the O as well. Jalen and Devonta playing together at Bama. Jalen and AJ being very close personal friends. Calcatera playing with Jalen at OU.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
telling you... don't overlook the relationship between those two guys. The last time we had DBs that had a tight relationship was lito/sheldon. drafted together, rookies together, lockdown DBs together. that's one thing that I think Howie is doing really well lately: drafting players that can bond and build a relationship. from the same university (Georgia players), drafting the same position in the same draft... look at Smith/Carter/Davis on the DL (with Ojomo being drafted in the same Carter/Smith draft)

essentially, there's a growing sentiment of relationship all around the D, and I like it

Kinda seeing it on the O as well. Jalen and Devonta playing together at Bama. Jalen and AJ being very close personal friends. Calcatera playing with Jalen at OU.
Didn't Dip Kelly try to do the same thing attempting to bring all his Oregon players in? Granted Howie > Dip and hope it works out better. Go Birds!!

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Didn't Dip Kelly try to do the same thing attempting to bring all his Oregon players in? Granted Howie > Dip and hope it works out better. Go Birds!!

i think there's a big difference between, trying to bring in all your players, vice bringing in teammates from a generational defense, or drafting CBs with the top 2 picks. Kelly tried to reach for a ton of dudes (I remember hearing that he wanted Taylor Hart in the 2nd and ended up getting told no because it would be wildly over-drafted and they got him in the 5th anyway)

Reactions: TheBigUglies

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Reactions: s1uggo72

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

I listened to Didinger on WIP Monday. He seems convinced that DeJean's NFL future is at safety. There's a logjam now with CJGJ and Blankenship. They have lots of young DB options right now. You can never have too much depth as they learned last season.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
I listened to Didinger on WIP Monday. He seems convinced that DeJean's NFL future is at safety. There's a logjam now with CJGJ and Blankenship. They have lots of young DB options right now. You can never have too much depth as they learned last season.

don't forget sydney brown. i can see him and blankenship being the tandem moving forward. I'd like to see Ringo and Q at the outside, Coop at the slot, and Brown/Blankenship at S. that would be a NOICE DBfield.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login