2024 Phillies Thread

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
I'm enjoying all the greatest memories signifying the past 20 years at CBP. I agree with these top 5 from Fritz. I follow him on X, but never listen to him on the radio. As some mentioned, the Hoskins bat toss was great, but that was only the division series and it wasn't a clinching game, plus it was early in the game. Granted, the Rollins game winning double against Broxton in game 4 wasn't a clincher, but in a flash the Phils went from 2-2 to 3-1 up in the NLCL, and then buried the Dodgers in game 5 to win the pennant.

Good story about one of my favorite moments, should be in the top 10. Our family cruised to Happy Valley in 2008 in my brother's RV. The date was 9-27-08 and we were there for the white out game vs Illinois. PSU was #12 and Illinois #22. Watching in the RV that afternoon was the famous DP with Rollins Utley and Howard (who else?) to clinch the division. We heard many other parties in the lot raise their voices the second the ball went in Howard's glove. It was Bedlam at the Beaver....lol. It still bothers me that core only won one championship. Oh, the great day continued with a 38-24 win and the Lions jumped to #6 in the polls the following week.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm enjoying all the greatest memories signifying the past 20 years at CBP. I agree with these top 5 from Fritz. I follow him on X, but never listen to him on the radio. As some mentioned, the Hoskins bat toss was great, but that was only the division series and it wasn't a clinching game, plus it was early in the game. Granted, the Rollins game winning double against Broxton in game 4 wasn't a clincher, but in a flash the Phils went from 2-2 to 3-1 up in the NLCL, and then buried the Dodgers in game 5 to win the pennant.

Good story about one of my favorite moments, should be in the top 10. Our family cruised to Happy Valley in 2008 in my brother's RV. The date was 9-27-08 and we were there for the white out game vs Illinois. PSU was #12 and Illinois #22. Watching in the RV that afternoon was the famous DP with Rollins Utley and Howard (who else?) to clinch the division. We heard many other parties in the lot raise their voices the second the ball went in Howard's glove. It was Bedlam at the Beaver....lol. It still bothers me that core only won one championship. Oh, the great day continued with a 38-24 win and the Lions jumped to #6 in the polls the following week.

Yeah, that is one of the great frustrations about that team. They had the components to win more than one championship. Beating the Braves on the last day of the season in 2011 turned out to be a mistake, as it allowed the Cardinals to sneak into the playoffs, and they were the hottest team in MLB at the time. They bested the Phillies in the playoffs, with Ryan Howard tearing his Achilles on the last play of the last game. They team was good enough to win in 2011. Howard was never the same player after the injury, and consequently the team was never as good as they had been.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Yeah, that is one of the great frustrations about that team. They had the components to win more than one championship. Beating the Braves on the last day of the season in 2011 turned out to be a mistake, as it allowed the Cardinals to sneak into the playoffs, and they were the hottest team in MLB at the time. They bested the Phillies in the playoffs, with Ryan Howard tearing his Achilles on the last play of the last game. They team was good enough to win in 2011. Howard was never the same player after the injury, and consequently the team was never as good as they had been.
I’m right there with you. There things.
1- Any Cole other than the 09 Cole, they beat the Yankees.
2- The one move this org would like a do over on is the decision on letting Lee leave. The Giants were a major pain, but I’ll take my chances in 10 with Lee.
3- They should have won in 11 but they let the hot team in as you say.

That run could or should have been historical. If they had won say 3 of those 4, they would be stamped into history. It just goes to show you how difficult it is to win even one. I always thought that the 08 team might have been the worst of the run and they were the one to raise the trophy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer and LionJim

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
I am so done with this manager. You have the $330 million dollar franchise on the bench with a day off tomorrow. But he'll let Stevenson and Stubbs bat in the 9th when trailing. That's at least 3 times for Stubbs in the 9th the past month.

Reactions: Ironman2

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I am so done with this manager. You have the $330 million dollar franchise on the bench with a day off tomorrow. But he'll let Stevenson and Stubbs bat in the 9th when trailing. That's at least 3 times for Stubbs in the 9th the past month.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Enjoy the Division Championship guys. It's been a really effed up year.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Obviously, I wish he was throwing like this for the Phillies, but sometimes guys just need a change of scenary. As long as he's not pitching against the Phils in the World Series, I wish him the best.

Reactions: Shadow99

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Obviously, I wish he was throwing like this for the Phillies, but sometimes guys just need a change of scenary. As long as he's not pitching against the Phils in the World Series, I wish him the best.

Soto, however. Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99