2024 Phillies Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Well that sucked. Phils spent the nite swinging at high pitches (a good rising fastball by the D'backs starter). They finally battled back and tied the game 2-2 in the top of the 8th. And then a D'backs rookie with a walk-off HR off of Hoffman in the bottom of the 9th.

• Sad
Reactions: Shadow99

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Back to back shellackings by the Snakes. Hopefully they find their lost bats on the way back to Philly.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Everytime I see Alvarado, my belly hurts, allowed 3 runs and still nobody out, this team is looking like the start of last year, suck.

Reactions: LB99

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Classic regression to the mean. Is it time to worry about the Mets?

We'll find out this week. If they can't right the ship vs. the Marlins and Nationals, then I'll start to worry. The schedule has been tough the past month. Those are the same teams they have to be in October, so that worries me a bit, but Cleveland, New York, Seattle, LA and Arizona should all be playoff teams. That's a tough stretch.

I've been pretty calm compared to most of my friends, but this is the week I have circled. They need to right the ship before another road trip that has them in Atlanta and then against a Royals team that continues to play winning baseball.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It will be interesting to see how Taijuan pitches after struggling so much earlier, then being on IR. His going on IR seemed like a non-issue at the time, if not a plus for the Fightins. Alas, Turnbull getting injured in his 1st start in replace of Taijuan Walker didn't help, and then Ranger Suarez going on the IR really changed the dynamics a great deal (though Tyler Phillips has been an unexpected positive addition).

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Walker settled down somewhat after that first inning, giving up the homer to make it 3-0. He's still shaky but the offense isn't helping much either through three. I know they're aggressive but it's not a bad thing to try to work the opposing pitcher. Too often the batter steps in and hacks at the first pitch for an out.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Walker settled down somewhat after that first inning, giving up the homer to make it 3-0. He's still shaky but the offense isn't helping much either through three. I know they're aggressive but it's not a bad thing to try to work the opposing pitcher. Too often the batter steps in and hacks at the first pitch for an out.

The way the home ump is calling balls & strikes, that might not be such a good idea in this game. Harper had 2 strikes called against him (including the 3rd) which were clearly out of the strike zone. smh

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Can’t pitch can’t hit can’t field. I’ve already turned this stinker off

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Whenever I hear Stott walking up to "A-O-K", it reminds me nothing is A-OK. Maybe he needs to change up his song.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Marsh, Stott, JT, Harper, Casty all horrid. Bring back Marchan and give Kingery a shot. This team really blows right now

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I'll bet you even odds right now that the Phillies win the division. $100?
I never bet more than a couple bucks. While I hope the Phils win the division, their play over the past month doesn't inspire confidence. Tonight against the team with the third worst winning percentage in MLB, they're garbage.

Latest posts