2024 Phillies Thread

BriarwoodBash

Oct 12, 2021
we'll give you a night to recover your voice, deal with your family, contact recruits, etc. But as I mentioned above in a prior post, we'd love to hear details about what it was like sitting in CBP during that roller coaster of a game.
There were many very cool and LOUD parts but the most disappointing was the Phillies are using “Make some Noise” in a too familiar and irritating voice. Lol.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I can't recall a time when this set of Phillies players made a pitcher wear himself out. Too many early swings and too many swings at balls out of the strike zone. Their approach at the plate is lacking.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Welp. Their backs are against the wall tomorrow against a top lefty. Based on this Phillies team’s history, that’s not a good matchup.

They brought this on themselves. Topper putting Alvarado in there was akin to giving up at 4-0.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
That stings. They needed that game. Bad time of the year for the bats to go cold. Not sure what the solution is in the offseason, but this lineup is boom or bust at the plate.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
That stings. They needed that game. Bad time of the year for the bats to go cold. Not sure what the solution is in the offseason, but this lineup is boom or bust at the plate.
They’ve been dead offensively since the All Star Break. This isn’t new. It’s who they’ve been for 3 months.

I saw that Ranger is slated to pitch tomorrow. @Grant Green , time to see if you’re right about him being a good #4 for the playoffs.

We’ll find out what kind of veteran moxie this team has.

yboby

Oct 6, 2021
They’ve been dead offensively since the All Star Break. This isn’t new. It’s who they’ve been for 3 months.
Exactly. Before the ASB they were taking pitches and hitting to opposite fields. It was a refreshing change, making me think they finally learned their lessons for offensive approach. But all that went out the window the second half.

Ironman2

Dec 18, 2021

I saw that Ranger is slated to pitch tomorrow. @Grant Green , time to see if you’re right about him being a good #4 for the playoffs.

All I hear about is pitching but like you said they lose because they don't hit.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
With the current MLB playoff setup, it's consistent with the hot teams in September making noise in the playoffs. The teams coming off byes have no momentum. Look at the Mets, Tigers and Padres this year. Dbacks, Rangers last year, Phils the year before that.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This feels like the end of the road for this current Phillies team. They had success but fell short of a title.

Ultimately, their boom or bust offense and lack of a bullpen cost them each year in some form. I hope Dombrowski learns from that.

Reactions: yboby and Alphabets

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021

I take full blame for the loss if he tanks.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login