4 Detroit Lions suspended for gambling

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
To make is regional, one of them was CJ Moore from OM.

It's almost like they missed the whole Calvin Ridley story.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Anybody gotta issue with a player betting on his own team to win? I guess that would not be fair to the guy or entitity covering the bet since the player definitely can be privy to insider info on what's going on with his own team. Betting on his own team to lose? Ban for life and jail time. I guess betting on other teams could be bad too because the player would prolly have insider info on the game.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Anybody gotta issue with a player betting on his own team to win? I guess that would not be fair to the guy or entitity covering the bet since the player definitely can be privy to insider info on what's going on with his own team. Betting on his own team to lose? Ban for life and jail time. I guess betting on other teams could be bad too because the player would prolly have insider info on the game.

I have no issue banning all gambling within your league but it's just stupid to ban gambling in a sport they have nothing to do with.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

HotMop

May 8, 2006
That's
I have no issue banning all gambling within your league but it's just stupid to ban gambling in a sport they have nothing to do with.
That's not why they got suspended, they were using gambling apps in the clubhouse. If they were outside of the facility they can bet on other sports all they want.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Good point but when you think about it, it's all BS. All an athlete needs to do is to run the bet thru a close aquaintance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login