44/56, 415 yds, 6 TD, 0 INT...

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Those are amazing stats for Will, but what maybe amazes me more is that we have WRs good enough to catch 24 of 25 passes in the 2nd half yesterday. I’d have never dreamed we’d have WRs capable of doing this, ever.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Walter Camp national offensive player of the week. So yeah, he should be SEC POTW.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Speaking of stats here is one that was I think one of the most important things that happened in yesterday's game that was overlooked after the great performance by Will.

Mississippi State Rushing

CARYDSTDLONG
D. Johnson862022
J. Marks61707
W. Rogers5-704
TEAM1972022

<thead style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</tbody>

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I said I would not trade Will for Corral earlier in this season and there were people on this board that said anybody that said this was either a liar or an idiot.

I stand by what said earlier in the season, liar and/or idiot that I am, and Will Rogers is going to kick Matt Corral’s *** in 12 days.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I said I would not trade Will for Corral earlier in this season and there were people on this board that said anybody that said this was either a liar or an idiot.

I stand by what said earlier in the season, liar and/or idiot that I am, and Will Rogers is going to kick Matt Corral’s *** in 12 days.

I’d still take Corral. Rogers deserves a ton of credit, but a lot of his success is a product of the system. Corral has a stronger arm, equal accuracy and a better running ability. I think Corral would be more successful in Leach’s system.

And I get annoyed with the QB vs QB smack talk. These guys don’t go head to head, so how can you say one kicks the other’s ***? I imagine both will be successful against their opposing defenses.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I’d still take Corral. Rogers deserves a ton of credit, but a lot of his success is a product of the system. Corral has a stronger arm, equal accuracy and a better running ability. I think Corral would be more successful in Leach’s system.

And I get annoyed with the QB vs QB smack talk. These guys don’t go head to head, so how can you say one kicks the other’s ***? I imagine both will be successful against their opposing defenses.

******** on that one. And I don't think the "stronger arm" makes any real difference in their overall effectiveness.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

The big thing right now is that Corral has been playing hurt and hasn’t been as dynamic lately. That Tennessee game where he ran it 30+ times clearly took a toll on him. Since that week (same night we played Alabama), Rogers has been super productive whereas Corral’s numbers have been much more tame. We’ve averaged 37 points a game in that span, they’ve cooled down to just 27.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007

I sat down this morning and watched the game replaying each offensive play a few times. I am stunned at how Rogers controls the game with his body movements and eyes. His ability to quickly go through his progressions is really unheard of for a QB his age. A sophomore usually goes 2, maybe 3 progressions deep but Rogers makes the decision so quick he routinely gets all the way through. Better than that, his pre-snap reads allow him to let his eyes follow a receiver he knows he isn't throwing to from the snap and then switch to the other side of the field to hit the man he knew would be open.

His ability to shift the pass defense with his eyes and fakes will make him a better QB than Corral. Overall I think Matt is the better QB right now as far as what a NFL scout may see, but for our system I would not take Matt over Will. I can't imagine how good he is going to be with this year under his belt and another offseason. Next year should be a really fun one. I do agree the head-to-head comparisons are kinda stupid, Matt is an exceptional QB and will likely have a lot of success in the NFL. He is obviously hurt or something because he is not playing his best (hope the sub-par play continues in the Egg Bowl).

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
What's so amazing is how accurate he is on the run. When he's moving his accuracy seems to improve instead of decline like a lot of QB's.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Of course at this point in time you would take Corral he's a senior with experience, a Heismamn candidate and he's played exceptionally well. Will is just now starting to come into his own so come back and talk to me in a couple years and then we can have more of a fair assessment between the two.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I sat down this morning and watched the game replaying each offensive play a few times. I am stunned at how Rogers controls the game with his body movements and eyes. His ability to quickly go through his progressions is really unheard of for a QB his age. A sophomore usually goes 2, maybe 3 progressions deep but Rogers makes the decision so quick he routinely gets all the way through. Better than that, his pre-snap reads allow him to let his eyes follow a receiver he knows he isn't throwing to from the snap and then switch to the other side of the field to hit the man he knew would be open.

His ability to shift the pass defense with his eyes and fakes will make him a better QB than Corral. Overall I think Matt is the better QB right now as far as what a NFL scout may see, but for our system I would not take Matt over Will. I can't imagine how good he is going to be with this year under his belt and another offseason. Next year should be a really fun one. I do agree the head-to-head comparisons are kinda stupid, Matt is an exceptional QB and will likely have a lot of success in the NFL. He is obviously hurt or something because he is not playing his best (hope the sub-par play continues in the Egg Bowl).

He has had several games this year, including yesterday, that just amaze me when it comes to accuracy and touch on his passes. It is the best I've ever seen at any level of football. There is no telling what he can do for the rest of his career here if things shake out right.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login