4th quarter Led Zeppelin song?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
4th Quarter?

It sounds excellent to play either Kashmir, When the Levee Breaks, or The Immigrant Song AFTER some sing-along song but nothing by Zepplin is a sing-along song.

As much as I like Journey it's probably about time to change it up.

Reactions: ChinaDawgSunflower

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Battle of Evermore or Achilles Last Stand. I'd rather stepping front of a freight train than hear Friends in Low Places again.

• Haha

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
For a stadium atmosphere, I'd go (not necessarily in this order):
Rock and Roll
When the Levee Breaks
Kashmir
Black Dog
Immigrant Song
Heartbreaker
Custard Pie

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Don’t get me wrong, I love the song, but it takes more than 4 minutes to really get going, and even then it’s still pretty slow. I don’t see the whole crowd getting into it.
Start it at like 3:50 and let it build from there. I think it would be really cool.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
waynes world GIF

Waynes World No GIF

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
they probably spent some money on that cowbell song with the Eurythmics they played last season. I suspect we are stuck with it for a while. I really hope not. A lot of people like it but I don't.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
Ok, can we put Journey behind us. Since Arnett's favorite band is Led Zeppelin, what Zeppelin should be the new 4th quarter song?
If we're up and winning, then I'd say a good 4th quarter song would be Van Halen's "Top of the World." If we're losing, Alice in Chains "down in a hole" would be appropriate.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Make it Mississippi Ties

When the Levee Breaks
Travelling Riverside Blues
The Lemon Song (Which is really just Howlin' Wolf's Killin' Floor)
Hats off to (Roy) Harper (Really just Shake em on Down by Bukka White)

That's just off the top of my head. If you want to sing along a bit. . .
Your Time is Gonna Come
Maybe Out on the Tiles
Battle of Evermore
Over the Hills and Far Away
D'yer Mak'er
Not exactly the resounding fun sing along songs, but hey, hey, what can I do?

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
4th Quarter?

It sounds excellent to play either Kashmir, When the Levee Breaks, or The Immigrant Song AFTER some sing-along song but nothing by Zepplin is a sing-along song.

As much as I like Journey it's probably about time to change it up.
I'll second Immigrant Song. It's a warrior's song. We've done Pirates so why not Vikings. Fast, driving tempo from the jump and I can just hear the crowd on the Ah-ahia...Ah! part.

But I'm pretty sure I recall that Led Zepplin is stingy with their licensing. If we can play any Zepplin song for coach in the 4th it's cool with me, but Immigrant Song is the tits.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Ok, can we put Journey behind us. Since Arnett's favorite band is Led Zeppelin, what Zeppelin should be the new 4th quarter song?
I’m going to say no for Kashmir. I don’t want to hear bs from the “Little Brother” crowd.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I don't believe you can pick a bad zep zong. Mine would be......whole lotta love......immigrant song.....and ramble on.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
When it comes to makin’ out… whenever possible.. put on side one of Led Zeppelin Four.
You ever notice the song on the radio was Kashmir when they cut to Rat and Stacy in the car? That's Physical Grafitti. Always wondered if they did that on purpose or just a screw up only Zepplin fans would notice.

Reactions: Mjoelner

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Zepplin would be cool to play. Anything by Zeppelin would be fantastic at that time.

But you've got to find a song everybody knows and sing along. It's a crowd-participation song. It matters less to the crowds just how cool the song is. The biggest consideration is that the song has to be something everybody will be comfortable singing the chorus... Out loud... With everybody else.

Unfortunately, it's gonna have to be something as corny as Don't Stop Believing.

Like:
Livin' On A Prayer
I Know It's Only Rock and Roll
Uptown Funk
You've Lost That Loving Feeling

and the best - Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw

Oh yeah, too many Church folk, sorry.

Dgb02

May 17, 2019
FMB plays an adaptation of first 3 min of Carouselambra?
Surprisingly I can’t find evidence that it’s ever been done.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login