6 Wins Still an Option

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
This team is maddening to watch but 6 wins is still an option. Thought is was a reach going into the season but it’s definitely possible. They play hard, d-line is very tough and the offense is getting better. Loved that Harbor made a big play. Got to give him more attempts down the field.

HuntinAces

Joined Sep 9, 2014
Feb 13, 2022
8 wins is still an option.

There’s not a team that we can’t beat left on the schedule. Only sure win is Wofford though.

Personally I believe we beat Mizzou Wofford and Vandy.

we can certainly beat Oklahoma, A&M and Clemson.

Let’s go beat the Sooners, enjoy our bye week, and let’s go HAM the rest of the year!

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022

There’s not a team that we can’t beat left on the schedule. Only sure win is Wofford though.

Let’s go beat the Sooners, enjoy our bye week, and let’s go HAM the rest of the year!
You must be kidding.

Roosterbell

Jul 29, 2022
You must be kidding.
That's actually pretty reasonable and I completely agree. We're capable of competing with anyone left on the schedule. Nobody left is exactly a juggernaut. We could end up with 4 wins or 9.

Somewhere in the middle is where I think we land.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Offense is very limited, but yes, they will get better. 8 wins is a big ask at this point. Let’s play them and see what happens. I’ll take 6 and consider it progress, but sure, 8 would be great. Bama’s defense statically has not been great this year. We will play some better defenses going forward.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
That's actually pretty reasonable and I completely agree. We're capable of competing with anyone left on the schedule. Nobody left is exactly a juggernaut. We could end up with 4 wins or 9.
+1. There's not a reasonably unwinnable game on the remaining schedule. There's also not a "book it" win beyond Wofford. But a team that has the Jimmies and Joes to play LSU and Bama within a FG (and honestly, should have won both games) has the talent to beat every remaining team on the schedule.

Do we have the killer instincts and the offensive coaching? I doubt it.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Too many toss up games and at best you hope to split the toss up games. We will likely only be favored in one or two games going forward. We’ll be under dogs in all the toss up games. I’ll take 6 at this point but 7 would be nice.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
+1. There's not a reasonably unwinnable game on the remaining schedule. There's also not a "book it" win beyond Wofford. But a team that has the Jimmies and Joes to play LSU and Bama within a FG (and honestly, should have won both games) has the talent to beat every remaining team on the schedule.

Do we have the killer instincts and the offensive coaching? I doubt it.
Very good synopsis. (y)
Halfway through the season now and Sellers needs to step it up and control the turnovers and protect the ball like it means something.
Turnovers have cost us two wins.
I saw some flashes of offensive creativity in the Bama game which need to continue to progress and become the norm. Do this and the defense stays healthy, every game is winnable.

FlebusJones

Joined Aug 29, 2011
Jan 19, 2022
The strength of Oklahoma is their defense and we have played 4 teams with as good or better defenses than Ok and had one bad showing. the point is that I don't think we will be intimidated by their defense and we should be able to score some points. Auburn is not a very good team but they dominated time of possession and yardage although they still lost by 6 to OK.

On the other hand, OK is not very good on offense and I think we can keep them off balance. This game is one we should win. I like the 12:45 game time. The fans will be more subdued.

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Offense is very limited, but yes, they will get better. 8 wins is a big ask at this point. Let’s play them and see what happens. I’ll take 6 and consider it progress, but sure, 8 would be great. Bama’s defense statically has not been great this year. We will play some better defenses going forward.
One of my thoughts during, and comments after the Bama game was "How bad must Bama be?!". (mainly their D) Vandy racked up points on them, and our offense actually looked decent at times when we weren't turning the ball over. I'm afraid any defense with a pulse will stymie us. I'm pessimistic that it improves (although the argument can be made that it can't get a lot worse).

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022

You think we beat Missouri? We have a better chance against OU. Still think 5 wins is the ceiling since we can’t seem to close out games.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You think we beat Missouri? We have a better chance against OU. Still think 5 wins is the ceiling since we can’t seem to close out games.

If we can't beat OU, we could easily be looking at 4 wins.

Vandy, very likely, will be favored against us. And that's at Vandy.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
If we don’t win this one the light at the end of the tunnel is dimming, not out, but dimming. I don’t OU is as good as Bama, LSU, or UK. We need this one. We should plan to play it straight up, no early trick plays. Just go out and beat them

Reactions: Roosterbell

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
If we don’t win this one the light at the end of the tunnel is dimming, not out, but dimming. I don’t OU is as good as Bama, LSU, or UK. We need this one. We should plan to play it straight up, no early trick plays. Just go out and beat them

The light gets much dimmer and the tunnel gets much longer.

The only game we'll be favored in the rest of the season is Wofford.

VZVZ

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jun 20, 2023

Are you high?

VZVZ

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jun 20, 2023
If you don’t see the potential, I can’t help ya.
IF we can win this Saturday, don’t underestimate the effect that will have on a young team entering their 2nd bye week. At that point, yes anything is possible.
November 2 is going to come on USC like Hurricane Hugo. You don’t have the chance you think you have.

HuntinAces

Joined Sep 9, 2014
Feb 13, 2022
James Caan Elf GIF

HuntinAces

Joined Sep 9, 2014
Feb 13, 2022
One down and I'm guessing we get at least 2 more. I'm still thinking 6 or 7 are highly likely.
Agreee. I’d rank them from easiest to most difficult

wofford
Mizzou
@ Vandy
A&M
@Clemson

We could win the first 3 and split the last 2 but 2-3 or 3-2 is more likely.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login