9 weekend commitments = only a #56 ranking??

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ole Miss aiming for the top 12 and we are aiming for top 50. I like it.

Adam Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Reactions: patdog

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Of course, the last time MSU football was sustainably interesting was probably during the Reagan administration.*********************

Proof:

You forgot the Iran-Contra Affair!

Starting at around August 1985 when Bellard said that State would win the SEC!

An inauspicious start of course but in ‘86 the US and Rockey Felker were cruising until early November when the arms sales to Iran were leaked and Reagan had to address the nation from the Oval Office.

At the same time, State lost its last four games of that season.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
You forgot the Iran-Contra Affair!

An inauspicious start of course but in ‘86 the US and Rockey Felker were cruising until early November when the arms sales to Iran were leaked and Reagan had to address the nation from the Oval Office. (But we stomped Libya's "Line of Death")

At the same time, State lost its last four games of that season.("Sometimes you have to spill a little milk to save the American apple pie"*******)
Steve Dallas sez "Hey"*********

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Pretty sure this is my first time looking on sixpack but is it always this negative?

Miller had offers from UGA, Tenn, LSU, Ark, and other P4 schools
Smith had offers from Miami, OM, A&M, Louisville, and Maryland
James had an offer from OM
Horsley had an offer from TCU and Minnesota

Did you do any research?
Doesn't everyone realize that as soon as we recruit them; the talent level (and stars) falls off?**

Big Dawg81

Oct 7, 2019
I’m willing to bet my ex wife left titty that State will finish in the 30-35 range in recruiting which happen almost every year.

Reactions: onewoof

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
The only reputable sources for recruiting are On3 and 247. There’s a gigantic gap and then you have rivals and ESPN (who have very little resources in the recruiting industry today). Citing Athlon in terms of recruiting is a complete troll by 85Bears- it’s who he is with our football program.

We currently have commitments from 2 of the top 12 in the state of MS - lead for 5 more, and will probably get a flip from the #3 player - Lockhart from Auburn. All 8 of these players are at least 4 stars. If we land 5-6 of them we will be in the 20-30 range like we always have been. Which is where we should be, but truthfully Lebby gives us a much better chance to have an outlier class in the top 20 when compared to his predecessors.

All this “Croom era” bs is just classic SPS negative BS and not rooted in reality. It’s June in recruiting with a new staff. We are in good shape.
Now that’s why I came HERE! Thanks