A few thoughts on the game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Loved the effort. Offense was great in 1st half. Of course we knew A&M defense would make adjustments & they did.

defense played hard, but they’re just awful.

I had no idea A&Ms QB was this bad.

I’m ok with the 4th down gambles. Some worked. Some didn’t. But with our defense I don’t think it matters much where the other team gets the ball.

that Craver injury didn’t look good. We’re going to miss him.

Van Buren is the real deal. But he’s got to cut way down on the batted balls by defensive linemen.

overall, by far the best game of the season. I have more hope tonight than any time this season. Of course, that’s not saying much

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
State played well. It's amazing this offense can operate with the way opposing sec DLs can get pressure.

The two dropped Ints were big. I believe if we catch one of those, we stop a scoring drive. Just make one or two plays on defense, and that game may go to OT.

The fake punt on 4th. They tried punt block earlier in the game about that same position of the field. I guess the coaches felt they would rush again and we could slip past them.... I dnk. We guessed wrong.

I didn't mind the call to fake the punt. I just would have called a pass. Assuming the up man or punter can throw the ball. That was a few yards to get running.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I thought that our effort verses Toledo was shameful. When I left the game, yesterday, I felt hopeful that Lebby is building a program that we will be proud of (excuse the dangling participle).

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
The reality is that we are going to have to overspend on both sides of the line of scrimmage this off season or nothing will change next year. Going into the game yesterday we were 117 in total defense and 123 in scoring defense and that includes the EKU game. You can’t overcome that. Yes MVB looks good but it doesn’t matter in the win column until we fix the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We were competitive. Now, we need to show up again against Arkansas. Then beat UMass.

My fear is that we have been playing ‘up’ against the good teams while they were looking past us. That will be proven true if we lay turds against Arkansas and UMass.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
If we had an OL, we'd score 40 a game
Defensive effort is good but the scheme and talent is poor
El Presidente Van Buren is a stud!
Should have a shot to win three more games but will have to earn it

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Loved the effort. Offense was great in 1st half. Of course we knew A&M defense would make adjustments & they did.

defense played hard, but they’re just awful.

I had no idea A&Ms QB was this bad.

I’m ok with the 4th down gambles. Some worked. Some didn’t. But with our defense I don’t think it matters much where the other team gets the ball.

that Craver injury didn’t look good. We’re going to miss him.

Van Buren is the real deal. But he’s got to cut way down on the batted balls by defensive linemen.

overall, by far the best game of the season. I have more hope tonight than any time this season. Of course, that’s not saying much
The only thing about Van Buren that I've been a little disappointed about is his mobility, but then again... if he ran a 4.4, he wouldn't be playing for us.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I feel like Hutzler is improving every week. He looks like a genius hire if we were able to land 2 legit DL/edge rushers. Legit guys in the trenches makes everyone behind them look much better.

Reactions: bulldoghair
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login