A pirate sails away at 76- RIP Jimmy Buffett

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Let's hope Rick Cleveland has a great story to relate. It is tough to witness performers we grew up watching pass away. Margaritaville is a vacation staple no matter where you go on vacation. My wife and I just returned from Alaska and we sang the song while walking through the cruise ship. Heaven has done called another singer home.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’ve seen him in concert 15-20 times. I’m a Parrot Head from way back. The Wino and I Know is my favorite song,” living my life like a song”. The closest thing to a Buffett concert is a Kenny Chesney concert. I’m not a country fan and honestly Kenny’s music on the radio is just average but the man can put on a live show. Very similar electricity in the air as compared to Buffett.

Aug 31, 2012
I’ve seen him in concert 15-20 times. I’m a Parrot Head from way back. The Wino and I Know is my favorite song,” living my life like a song”. The closest thing to a Buffett concert is a Kenny Chesney concert. I’m not a country fan and honestly Kenny’s music on the radio is just average but the man can put on a live show. Very similar electricity in the air as compared to Buffett.
True statement about Kenny. Just saw him with Ms Skipper in Orange Beach a few weeks ago. Lots of energy and fun

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
True statement about Kenny. Just saw him with Ms Skipper in Orange Beach a few weeks ago. Lots of energy and fun
We missed him. Mrs Bite refuses to attend a concert at the Wharf in August anymore. She got too hot at Thomas Rhett a couple of years ago, there was alcohol involved.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin' here
Your voice sounds so wonderful
But yer face don't look too clear
So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o' brew
Honey, why don't we get drunk and screw

(We've all been there)

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Daily Mail reporting he died of skin cancer

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I saw him in New Orleans , used to sing Pirate Looks at 40 to my kids at bedtime, so much that my son knew the first
few verses at the age of 4... just up until the part about being drunk for over 2 weeks! Haha.

I'm in a small country club house band here, playing the labor day pool party. You KNOW we are working up Margaritaville for the show. We've all played it 1000 times , just not together... yet.
RIP , our lives were more fun because of him.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
The two best concerts I ever went to.
I went to one in Orange Beach. It poured rain on us the entire time. But no lightning and nobody left, so the show went on. One of the best days of my life. Still miss that girl sometimes.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Man, that’s tough to hear…. 76 is too early these days.

I was lucky enough to have attended one of his concerts in Biloxi when I was in high school. It was awesome…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login