AC temp

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Old house as well. We keep it on 69 or 70. We’re on budget billing and it’s on draft. Full send!

Now last winter when we had that snow and hard freeze; thermostat was set to energy conserving 67. On the forth day of that freeze it was 56 inside and hadn’t cut off in three days. Front of house has gas logs, thankfully!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Don’t think you can really compare temp between houses. Every house is different. 72 in one house doesn’t necessarily feel anything like 72 in another house. That said summer is 76 with ceiling fan during day & 69 at night. But my house doesn’t get much direct sunlight so 76 is a little cooler than others I’ve been in.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Don’t think you can really compare temp between houses. Every house is different. 72 in one house doesn’t necessarily feel anything like 72 in another house. That said summer is 76 with ceiling fan during day & 69 at night. But my house doesn’t get much direct sunlight so 76 is a little cooler than others I’ve been in.
Yep, we keep ours at 75 during the day and then down to 70 at night. I know that seems warm, but when I get up in the morning with the air running @ 70, it’s freezing. Likewise, even I tried to turn the thermostat down to 72 during the day, my house would never get that cool when it’s this hot outside. It’d never stop running

Reactions: patdog

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Just crack a window at night and let the cool air fill the house. Should stay comfortable through the following afternoon. Wait one, being told you prefer the hot sticky coastal humidity over the crisp thin mountain air...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Good Lord.

During the heat of the summer, 78 during day, 76 at night (to keep airflow).

During winter, 68.

Adjust in the spring and fall just to keep a little air flow going, no matter the temp, but never outside the parameters above.

Hate to know what some of ya'lls bills are.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login