Aiden Moffett Committs to..

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Disappointed Debbie Downer GIF by Team Coco

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
From the wayback machine, an excerpt from a 2018 athletic dept mouthpiece on the Lemonis hire:

“Now, [Lemonis is] expected to come to Starkville and compete at the highest level and win at the highest level. Lemonis is known as a recruiter, and recruiting to Indiana isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world. However, recruiting college baseball players to Starkville, Mississippi is a notably easier task.

John Cohen wants someone that can build a team to succeed longterm. Lemonis can do that. He helped pave the way for Louisville to make it to Omaha multiple times and can do the same in Starkville where he’ll have an abundance of resources readily available.”

17 you, Bastard.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
From the wayback machine, an excerpt from a 2018 athletic dept mouthpiece on the Lemonis hire:

“Now, [Lemonis is] expected to come to Starkville and compete at the highest level and win at the highest level. Lemonis is known as a recruiter, and recruiting to Indiana isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world. However, recruiting college baseball players to Starkville, Mississippi is a notably easier task.

John Cohen wants someone that can build a team to succeed longterm. Lemonis can do that. He helped pave the way for Louisville to make it to Omaha multiple times and can do the same in Starkville where he’ll have an abundance of resources readily available.”

17 you, Bastard.
1719709607888.png

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Great quote from his LSU bio:

on attending LSU – “LSU has been my dream school forever because of the constant tradition to have success; the coaches and the atmosphere drove me to come here, and I knew that Baton Rouge was home” … majoring in marketing at LSU.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Wasn’t he asking for stupid $$$ ? As in, not a kid that lead with how hard he was going to work or training/ philosophy. Just pay me ? I’m not pushing the blue collar thing, I’m just saying that his 1st year at LSU wasn’t much of a bargaining chip to support a money first attitude.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Meh. How good at baseball can a guy named "Aiden" really be?

I'm not sure if anyone named "Aiden" can have the intestinal fortitude to handle playing in front of our large weekend crowds.

A quick search reveals zero current MLB players named "Aiden."
As good as we recruit it, if this lightweight “Aiden” was at all worth a $h!+, he’d already be running poles in Vegas. *

Reactions: Faustdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Lemonis is the baseball version of Gene Chizik.
You can’t have a Chizik without a Newton: a single player so dominant and impactful that they would have won the national title on 10-15 different teams.

Who is the 2021 baseball Cam Newton?

Is it even possible to have a baseball player as impactful as 2010 Cam Newton?

Reactions: She Mate Me

patdog

May 28, 2007
You can’t have a Chizik without a Newton: a single player so dominant and impactful that they would have won the national title on 10-15 different teams.

Not one player, but Landon Sims, Jake Mangum, Tanner Allen & Will Bednar were pretty dominant that year.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Not one player, but Landon Sims, Jake Mangum, Tanner Allen & Will Bednar were pretty dominant that year.
Every national title team has great players. But not every football champion has an impact player like Newton. You'd be hard-pressed to come up with 5-10 comparable examples in history. In modern baseball, there might be zero because your best pitcher can't pitch every day, and your best hitter only comes up once in the lineup.

If all you have to do to be compared to Chizik is have good players and win a single title, there are a lot.

The Lemonis is Chizik line is a good sound bite for those who resent Lemonis for winning a title after they said he was a bad coach, but it isn't based on facts or reality.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Mangum wasn't on the 2021 team as he had already run out of eligibility. Lemonis recruited and signed Sims and Bednar. So I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, but it isn't the one I think you're trying to make.

Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I appreciate that Lemonis got us a national championship but it's quickly becoming ancient history. If he can't get us back to being one of the top teams in the conference then it's time to find a replacement. Mediocre is as mediocre does and the only way to improve is to make changes.
it can’t be that hard. hell cohen played for a NC and a lame duck backfill made it to omaha. ffs they’re not competing in an ironman

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I appreciate that Lemonis got us a national championship but it's quickly becoming ancient history. If he can't get us back to being one of the top teams in the conference then it's time to find a replacement. Mediocre is as mediocre does and the only way to improve is to make changes.

We finished T5 SEC this year and just outside the Top 16 teams in the country You know how good the 4 ahead of us were.

No, we're not back baby. But he did his job this year.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Bednar & Sims