And my 45 minutes of hope are over.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yes and no. It seems to be geared toward preparing for the revenue sharing that’s on its way.
And not that I'm trying to downplay the donation because it's historic news about MSU athletics finding that we desperately needed, but I do have a suspicion that the commitment is more along the lines of $8M over the next 10-15 years than it is an immediate cash gift.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It’s not an $8M NIL donation. It’s Bulldog Club. We are Mississippi State-ing it again.
I think the ambiguous description of the donation was purposeful. I think they want it to look NILish without it being straight up NIL. I'm willing to bet it's tax-related.

I would HOPE a major NIL donation would have "En Eye El" plastered all over it dozens of times within the press release. I'm certainly not throwing stones because we need all the $$$ we can get. I'm grateful for the family that made it happen.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s not an $8M NIL donation. It’s Bulldog Club. We are Mississippi State-ing it again.
“Sunshine, go away today
I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's gone, he's tried to run my life
He don't know what he's asking”

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You literally have no clue if that is true and have no reason to think it is. You're just making sh*t up to be miserable.
It COULD happen the way patdog says. But it may not. We don't know yet, and neither do you. It's up to the AD.

These are things people want to know when you're talking about donating to NIL.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
It COULD happen the way patdog says. But it may not. We don't know yet, and neither do you. It's up to the AD.

These are things people want to know when you're talking about donating to NIL.
I mean, I suppose Charlie COULD divert all the BI money to Volleyball, but at some point you have to trust the people in charge are going to do what is intended.

Or not and live as a miserable cynical person, I guess.

Reactions: campshelbydog1116

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
After reading my email from the Athletic Department they were using words that seemed really lawyering. I think it is for NIL but for when the schools merge with it.

Reactions: patdog

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Some folks on SPS and ED for that matter live pretty sad lives! Got 2B negative a lot.

You folks who are negative must not have heard the recent scientific news.
Being negative increases your chances of coming down with Alzheimers or dementia.
I’m afraid a LOT of our posters are 100% DOOMED.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
We need to take some of that 51 million we got from the SEC and I’d guess in 2025 we’ll get 60 million or more because of UT and OK coming in and put towards buying some players.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Some folks on SPS and ED for that matter live pretty sad lives! Got 2B negative a lot.

You folks who are negative must not have heard the recent scientific news.
Being negative increases your chances of coming down with Alzheimers or dementia.
I’m afraid a LOT of our posters are 100% DOOMED.
So at 100%, does that you negative or positive?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
BC is only tax deductible if you designate that the contribution will not give you any ticket priority before you make the donation.
Well maybe that’s what they did. If they can give 8 million I think they can afford to have other contributions that go toward their Club ranking and tickets.

patdog

May 28, 2007
After reading my email from the Athletic Department they were using words that seemed really lawyering. I think it is for NIL but for when the schools merge with it.
That’s exactly what this is. And hopefully this is what will happen nationwide. Bring all the NIL collectives inside the athletic departments & let the schools pay players directly. This is still a huge donation for Mississippi State regardless. $8,000,000 is a lot of money.

Reactions: GloryDawg