And y'all are worried about NIL...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Even more German
At least I'll admit it when I miss something, and when I'm wrong. Now that being said, do the math on their facilities and their ticket prices. That is a recurring source of revenue we can never match. It doesn't matter if John Grisham decides to leave his entire fortune to our NIL.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
That'll be the only way they get me to contribute to it, so I'm sure it'll be implemented any day now

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
At least I'll admit it when I miss something, and when I'm wrong. Now that being said, do the math on their facilities and their ticket prices. That is a recurring source of revenue we can never match. It doesn't matter if John Grisham decides to leave his entire fortune to our NIL.
Isn’t this what you guys want? For the athletic department to “pay for NIL”? Where do you think the athletic department money comes from?
for those of you that say “TV money”. That’s from you as well.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Isn’t this what you guys want? For the athletic department to “pay for NIL”? Where do you think the athletic department money comes from?
for those of you that say “TV money”. That’s from you as well.
Oh good grief, all I was saying was that we can't match what they will get from their 10% even if we match it. Go somewhere else to argue with yourself.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We could charge 20%!
Bidding Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Oh good grief, all I was saying was that we can't match what they will get from their 10% even if we match it. Go somewhere else to argue with yourself.
Right so let’s do nothing. Since we “cannot match it”.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I was wondering if it wouldn't be better not to announce it. Just slip it in, most people won't notice, use it for NIL purposes. And you don't have to listen to the bittching.

UT doesn't seem to have that problem - on the whole they love winning, so the 10% doesn't matter. But with some fanbases, bumping tickets from, say, $100 to $110 without mentioning it probably makes better sense.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Why not 20% and don't tell anyone why. Just do it and shift the money to NIL. Bump up parking by $20 and increase concessions by 20%. Add 20% to all licensed apparel and cowbell sales. Add 10% to everything sold on campus for additional NIL. Add 10% to tuition as well. Make it a "player's tax". That will increase NIL funds!