Another commit

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
And guess what? It’s another out-of-state 3-star (actually he’s un-rated by 247). So much for locking down the state during a deep recruiting class. Color my unimpressed so far with this staff’s recruiting results.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Hated to see Jackson Cannon, Lucas Taylor, and Marquez Dortch leaving the program. Really thought Cannon and Taylor were the future of our OL. And of course the speedy Dortch was a big hooplala with his flipping from OM to MSU. Oh well, the Portal giveth, and (I hope) the Portal giveth something in return.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
I would have rather have kept the four star Dortch. Why would you take this guy this early ?

this recruiting strategy is a little odd

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Taylor was a highly recruited LSU commit. Lot of solid D1 offers. Not many OL of his quality will come through our doors in the future.

Reactions: QMartinez

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Taylor was a highly recruited LSU commit. Lot of solid D1 offers. Not many OL of his quality will come through our doors in the future.
Agree completely. cannon does not surprise me but Taylor is a quality sec lineman I think he had offers from fla fsu auburn lsu. Rated 25 best ineterior lineman in the country I think. Should not have let that kid go.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Signed a TE from a private school in Bama too. 3 star. I am not very impressed with our recruiting. Is this the best WR Coach Bump could find ? And on the portal, I assumed we had too many WR and some might leave but did not wanna lose either of those linemen. I hope I am wrong about our recruiting but it looks like we don't have any idea what we are doing

Reactions: QMartinez

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yall need to save yourself the disappointment and just not worry about it, especially in this day and age of transfers and NIL. These guys certainly don't give a damn about loyalty, why should we?

Reactions: Dawg1976

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Reading Paul Jones' story on Matt Mayfield, it seems like he played out of position most of last season (QB) so maybe he will blow up and end up a four star. Also the TE we just committed has a ridiculous highlight tape, albeit against Alabama academy ball. He looks like a prototypical blocking TE who has decent hands.

It looks like the staff is going all-in on finding kids with high upsides before they blow-up. We just need to get the ball rolling with in-state recruits.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
And guess what? It’s another out-of-state 3-star (actually he’s un-rated by 247). So much for locking down the state during a deep recruiting class. Color my unimpressed so far with this staff’s recruiting results.

Yep. We’ve never seen the most success ever by evaluating lesser known talent and winning with them. I hope someone places a for sale sign in the coaches yards today.***

Reactions: Dawgg and NTDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hated to see Jackson Cannon, Lucas Taylor, and Marquez Dortch leaving the program. Really thought Cannon and Taylor were the future of our OL. And of course the speedy Dortch was a big hooplala with his flipping from OM to MSU. Oh well, the Portal giveth, and (I hope) the Portal giveth something in return.
Those flippers generally don't amount to much.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Any out of State 3 star?!? Signed with State?!?

I’m shaking with anger. Fire this whole staff! Those players never pan out!

Dallas Cowboys Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Reactions: NTDawg

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I love the people saying how Taylor is such a big loss strictly off of what they see on a recruiting profile. How many of those offers reported were actually committable? Did he get pushed to take any visits? Do you really think we flipped an OL from LSU? How much film of his did you watch to form your opinion that he was the future on the OL? Just watch where he lands and you'll change your tone.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Having a good season and visits this fall will set this class. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on current recruiting.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I’ll give Bumphis leeway on Matt Mayfield. We brought Bumphis in to evaluate talent. Mayfield looks like a heck of an athlete on film. Now let’s go get another 4 star speedster.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login