Another potential WR transfer

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
there is a pretty well-connected poster and Rosebowl over on 247 indicating Zavion Thomas may be transferring. If so, it's going to be LSU. I get that the transfer portal is affecting every team, but that's LSU, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss who have now contacted three different impact players of ours before they even entered the portal. **** that. NCAA, you nuttless pieces of ****, get this **** ******* fixed or you are going to ruin the best thing you have you goddamn simpleminded pieces of ****.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That's going to hurt if we lose him. And yeah, the NCAA needs to step in but nothing's going to happen.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You can't stop it. You can make the rule, but they won't follow it. And those schools didn't contact anybody - some 'representative' or agent did that. They are already in the clear. Hell the players can DM each other right now and talk about it.

You are aware that there was a black market in college sports that has existed for 50 years, right?

Adapt. Put Tulu at punt returner. Go find some receivers on Alabama's portal exit list.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Best of luck if he goes because LSUs roster is already full of skill players like him.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I mean... the NCAA gets almost nothing from FBS football, so I doubt it cares. Now... if it kills College Basketball, it will be a problem for them. That being said, College Basketball has been basically a free agent league for years now.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
They deserve to be able to shop around and have their livelihood expanded. These are sums of money that could impact the next two generations of their family. Every man and woman deserves to have their goods or services valued on an open and free market.

Reactions: KAS20

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We're about to get raped in the portal. This staff better do some damn soul searching. What's going on here isn't good.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
They deserve to be able to shop around and have their livelihood expanded. These are sums of money that could impact the next two generations of their family. Every man and woman deserves to have their goods or services valued on an open and free market.
That's not the point I am making. It's the fact that they've been contacted and offered "goods and services" before they have entered the transfer portal.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
We're about to get raped in the portal. This staff better do some damn soul searching. What's going on here isn't good.
Between Leach’s comments/actions throughout the season regarding our WR group and recent developments with the portal, I’m starting to get the feeling that interactions over the last couple weeks have gone something like this…

State WR: Hey coach, I just wanted to let you know that some schools are showing interest in me, and I’ve been having some thoughts about maybe heading elsewhere. Whatcha think we might be able to do to keep me happy here?

Leach: Bye

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
That's not the point I am making. It's the fact that they've been contacted and offered "goods and services" before they have entered the transfer portal.
We all knew that was going to be part of the deal. At least most of us. All the elements of the meat market are in play here. I don't like it but it's the new reality. The pendulum can swing both ways in a free market though. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: KAS20

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
You’re going to see that some of these hard-*** coaches aren’t built for today’s version of college football. There are too many roster spots available on other teams to put up with your head coach publicly embarrassing you on national tv.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You are blaming the staff for players being greedy so the coaches need to search their souls to resolve this issue?

Really?

Every time I think there's nothing dumber that can come out of your mouth you constantly amaze me and produce another gem.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The staff better do some soul searching ?? It has zero to do with this staff unless you expect them to pay the players out of their own pockets. State simply doesn't have enough NIL money yo keep promising players. We will get raped every year of any stand out players we have until we can start paying them more. Pretty sure Leach is not paying these guys out of his check

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You are blaming the staff for players being greedy and they need to search their souls to resolve this issue?

Really?

Every time I think there's nothing dumber that can come out of your mouth you constantly amaze me and produce another gem.
When you hate Mike Leach as much as he does every little detail can be used as ammo.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
there is a pretty well-connected poster and Rosebowl over on 247 indicating Zavion Thomas may be transferring. If so, it's going to be LSU. I get that the transfer portal is affecting every team, but that's LSU, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss who have now contacted three different impact players of ours before they even entered the portal. **** that. NCAA, you nuttless pieces of ****, get this **** ******* fixed or you are going to ruin the best thing you have you goddamn simpleminded pieces of ****.
Why aren't we recruiting their players?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Why aren't we recruiting their players?
Umm....can't afford them probly. We have a lot of offers out. If you follow Coach Spurrier on Twitter you will see quite a few offers. Most of the transfer players are going to richer schools, the rest either are stuck behind 5 stars and wanna play, or they are at Old Dominion or somewhere similar and wanna go to a bigger school for exposure. Bama and Texas A&M are hemorrhaging players to the portal

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Nothing will help with any of this if they don't reduce the amount of football scholarships. The genie is out of the bottle on the 'pay for play' NIL system currently in place but players are still not going to go to a school to play that can't provide them a scholarship.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've been around long enough to know Cooter has a 'little' knowledge. But he's over-the-top negative. I mean - BAD negative. We are actually on the lower end of the portal numbers now. Far from anything I'd consider getting raped.

If we lose BOTH DJ and Marks, I'll be concerned. Slightly. But mostly I'll chalk it up to them being idiots to give up PT in a system that helps prepare for the modern day NFL. I get that DJ has a kid and may need a little NIL. I be we'll come through for him, he's an instate guy.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
You are blaming the staff for players being greedy so the coaches need to search their souls to resolve this issue?

Really?

Mr. Queef overreacting? It must be....oh wait, that's every day.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
You’re going to see that some of these hard-*** coaches aren’t built for today’s version of college football. There are too many roster spots available on other teams to put up with your head coach publicly embarrassing you on national tv.

Hell yeah, let’s get us another Joe Moorhead “player’s coach!”

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
I've been around long enough to know Cooter has a 'little' knowledge. But he's over-the-top negative. I mean - BAD negative. We are actually on the lower end of the portal numbers now. Far from anything I'd consider getting raped.

If we lose BOTH DJ and Marks, I'll be concerned. Slightly. But mostly I'll chalk it up to them being idiots to give up PT in a system that helps prepare for the modern day NFL. I get that DJ has a kid and may need a little NIL. I be we'll come through for him, he's an instate guy.
We aren't losing either to the portal.. Marks might declare for the draft.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Really?

In his defense, I heard LSU offered unfolded chairs, more trees, better fish sandwiches, and fatter girlfriends.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Purdue's coach is leaving. Should the NCAA step in to prevent that from happening? Should students who receive an academic scholarship have to sit out a year if they transfer to another school? It's a weird situation and my concerns are that State won't benefit from it. If State stands to gain from the current NIL, portal stuff, I wouldn't be as concerned. I guess that means it's about me and not some larger, moral issue. I just want State to win on Saturdays.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Nothing will help with any of this if they don't reduce the amount of football scholarships. The genie is out of the bottle on the 'pay for play' NIL system currently in place but players are still not going to go to a school to play that can't provide them a scholarship.
65-70, something that will let freshman contribute. But, the big guys, the rich schools, won't allow that to happen. This is America and money wins most of the time.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Purdue's coach is leaving. Should the NCAA step in to prevent that from happening? Should students who receive an academic scholarship have to sit out a year if they transfer to another school? It's a weird situation and my concerns are that State won't benefit from it. If State stands to gain from the current NIL, portal stuff, I wouldn't be as concerned. I guess that means it's about me and not some larger, moral issue. I just want State to win on Saturdays.
Schools don't get reimbursed for NIL like they do with buyouts for coaches.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wonder how are posters here would react if we had 18 players in the portal. Mostly 4 stars ? Some teams do ya know. Goggle it up and look

Reactions: TrapGame.sixpack

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Dude you are everywhere promoting BS!

"Leach has lost control of the team!"

"Nobody wants to play for Leach"

"The players have turned on Will"...

It'a all BS.

I suppose now nobody wants to play for Saban and he has lost control! It's NIL. Nothing more and nothing less.

Reactions: TrapGame.sixpack

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I wonder how are posters here would react if we had 18 players in the portal. Mostly 4 stars ? Some teams do ya know. Goggle it up and look

LOL! It would a full blown melt All staff, AD and even coaches of other sports would have to go because the 34ites will claim they were involved!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Isn't Texas A&M one of them? I guess I could go over to one of their boards and watch the melt.
Last I checked, I think Texas had over 15 in the portal too.

I know that I saw this morning, UF had 6 four stars enter the portal TODAY alone.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Dude you are everywhere promoting BS!

"Leach has lost control of the team!"

"Nobody wants to play for Leach"

"The players have turned on Will"...

It'a all BS.

I suppose now nobody wants to play for Saban and he has lost control! It's NIL. Nothing more and nothing less.
Pot meet kettle. You are the biggest BS propagandist on this site. 87 isnt leaving because of NIL. He's homesick. He's even considering Tulane if LSU doesn't have a spot for him. But my assumption is they do. Given the amount of contact between the parties

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Whoever we lose in the portal we will replace in the portal. As of now, Rara is the only impact player in the portal. Everyone else is a backup who would never see much playing time here. Not anything to go crazy over.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Pot meet kettle. You are the biggest BS propagandist on this site. 87 isnt leaving because of NIL. He's homesick. He's even considering Tulane if LSU doesn't have a spot for him. But my assumption is they do. Given the amount of contact between the parties

Nah! I'm not selling anything that's not true. I'm not selling out right lies either. If Zavion leaves, it's not due to anything Coot is selling everywhere.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login