Any Diablo fans out there?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I ordered Chicken Diablo once at a Mexican restaurant, so damned hot that snot ran out my nose. Never again.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
What do you think about Diablo IV coming out in June?

Over the last decade, Blizzard has botched a lot of releases. I would wait to see what tweaks and patches they need to apply, you know, like immediately, before dipping in.

That said, I bought III years after it was out, and I like it a lot. May follow the same process for IV.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
What do you think about Diablo IV coming out in June?
It’s never been one of my absolute favorite franchises, but I am looking forward to it. It’s hard to believe that the last one came out a decade ago.

I really wish developers would get back to the days of releasing a solid 20-30 hr follow up every 3-4 years rather than feeling like every game has to be a $100M, 120 hr epic. To me, the change has not been good for the industry at all. Games are getting way too expensive to make, and probably less than 10% of the players have time for these marathons

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
jackie gleason GIF

The man, the myth...and he's in a goddamned hurry.

Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'm a fan. Pre-ordered. Played the closed beta weekends. Will be playing the "smash the server" weekend in May.

It's good. Not overly complicated like PoE, but it does have more to keep up with than D3. I will say the gameplay felt a little clunky in beta. Not as smooth as D3. Sorta felt like server lag. Somewhat expected since queues were over an hour. I trust Blizzard to iron all that out.

I only rolled a rogue. I had resource mgmt issues. Had a buddy that rolled a necro and face rolled everything. Apparently necros got a nerf.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
I played the 17 out of D1 and D2, especially D2. Bought D3 played it awhile but really didn't get into it.

CroomDawg

Mar 30, 2019
Oh man I made so much money (at least what a 19 year old would think is a lot of money) on the real money auction house in D3 when it was released. Played the D4 beta and it just didn’t have the same magic for me that the third has.

Reactions: aTotal360

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Oh man I made so much money (at least what a 19 year old would think is a lot of money) on the real money auction house in D3 when it was released. Played the D4 beta and it just didn’t have the same magic for me that the third has.
It was certainly pay2win when the auction house existed. Still shutters in comparison to Diable Immortal.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I've played the series since launch. Loved D1 and D2. D3 was pretty but I didn't like how they simplified everything. It looks like they're taking it back more in line with D2's character builds, though I haven't really tracked the development or played it at all.

I will buy it probably a couple of weeks after it launches, as I got burned by their stupid 'online-only' policy on D3 and could barely play the first couple of days due to issues with their servers.

I expect it will be fun, but I am not looking forward to being forced to group with random dipshits with little to no social skills to try and clear content.

Reactions: dawgman42

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I played the beta some during the open weekend. It’s definitely a more dark, sinister game than the previous ones. D3 was fun to play for a couple of run throughs but was very cartoony.

I was looking forward to the open world aspect of D4, but I didn’t see much interaction during the beta. Hope that changes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login