Any poster here lucky enough to see Led Zepplin?....

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
if so please share. My Brother In Law had tickets for JFK (I believe that's the venue) and Bonham died a few months before.

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021
I saw the reunion at Live Aid. Sad ending. I’ll never forget seeing Phil Collins fly from London to Philly then introducing Led Zeppelin before playing drums for their set. Too bad it sucked.

RochLion

Oct 29, 2021
One of the hard rock bands I would loved to have seen. I wish I'd seen Robert Plant and Allison Krauss when they've come to Finger Lakes region these past few years. An unusual pairing but they make it work. Some pretty cool rockabilly tunes.

Steve JG

Mar 25, 2024
if so please share. My Brother In Law had tickets for JFK (I believe that's the venue) and Bonham died a few months before.
Spectrum in Philly, I think 1974 maybe 75? Very loud. Some good moments, some long winded, self indulgent, bloated frankly boring moments as well

Reactions: Mr. Potter

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
I saw the reunion at Live Aid. Sad ending. I’ll never forget seeing Phil Collins fly from London to Philly then introducing Led Zeppelin before playing drums for their set. Too bad it sucked.
Sounded good to me. Of course I had been there 10 hours already before they played. I was also about 100 yards away. So I just watched. Plant had a difficult time reaching those high notes like he did in the 70’s. Probably why songs of his in the 1980’s like “big log” were sung much lower,

Last edited:

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021
Sounded good to me. Of course I had been there 10 hours already before they played. I was also about 100 yards away. So I just watched. Plant had a difficult time reaching those high notes like he did in the 70’s. Probably why songs of his in the 1980’s like “big log” were sung much lower,
I remember afterwards there was a big issue with some blaming Phil Collins. Can’t recall all of the details. Still though, it was my generation’s Woodstock and overall, it was AWESOME.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
nope- saw these guys though

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
I remember afterwards there was a big issue with some blaming Phil Collins. Can’t recall all of the details. Still though, it was my generation’s Woodstock and overall, it was AWESOME.
I remember that. I was 19. There were two drummers though on that set. Phil and someone else. He sang stairway to heaven the best.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login