Any truth to the rumor that Kiffin...

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
Yes. He doesn't like several of the 2025 recruits but the big-money guys want them at OM for ranking purposes.
If that were true, it would be the most Ole Miss thing ever. "Money guys" trying to dictate recruiting with recruiting rankings alone being the end game. I hope State recruits well and gets good players, but the Ole Miss obsession with recruiting has always been fascinating to me. I know grown men who sojourn several hours to Oxford each February just for signing day parties.

Reactions: biodawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
If that were true, it would be the most Ole Miss thing ever. "Money guys" trying to dictate recruiting with recruiting rankings alone being the end game. I hope State recruits well and gets good players, but the Ole Miss obsession with recruiting has always been fascinating to me. I know grown men who sojourn several hours to Oxford each February just for signing day parties.
wow...

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I refuse to judge without knowing more about these parties.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
...took two meetings in person with his agent (or agent rep) last week and that there was some sort of blowup between him and Walker Jones?

Least shocking news of the day.

This kind of thing is why Kiffin will leave Umiss. There you have a smaller number of donors giving big dollars and therefore expecting a higher level of access, control, and ultimately success.

You see what what’s happening this week already with fools talking about withholding NIL when things aren’t going perfectly, and it’s a much bigger deal when it’s fewer people doing the giving.

We’d be in the same boat of course, but thankfully our expectations are in check. Those fools think they’re going to be a yearly playoff team when they’ve actually finished top ten in the country like twice in fifty years.

Reactions: RockyDog

patdog

May 28, 2007
40 and 50 somethings pack the Library on crooting weekends to stare down recruits like they are shopping at an auction. Those have been well documented.
Woman I know we’ll into her 60s will just go on an on about how great their recruiting weekends are. And she’s a very classy lady otherwise. I just shake my head.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login