Any word on Brooks Auger?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Just curious worried about UCL after watching last night, as we say in the ED things come in 3's!

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Just curious worried about UCL after watching last night, as we say in the ED things come in 3's!
His parents are optimistic, but I think we all know what happened.

Something has to be done. The damage is being done long before they get to college.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
His parents are optimistic, but I think we all know what happened.

Something has to be done. The damage is being done long before they get to college.

Pretty obvious we need to stop giving scholarships to pitchers that haven't already had tommy johns surgery and completed rehab. And honestly, if you are a pitcher and haven't torn your UCL by sophomore year of high school, you're probably not taking travel ball seriously enough and probably don't have the dedication to play SEC ball.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Pretty obvious we need to stop giving scholarships to pitchers that haven't already had tommy johns surgery and completed rehab. And honestly, if you are a pitcher and haven't torn your UCL by sophomore year of high school, you're probably not taking travel ball seriously enough and probably don't have the dedication to play SEC ball.

Maybe that could be part of our recruiting pitch - pun intended. All incoming pitchers get redshirt year with free TJ surgery (just proactive if you don't think you need it). They can be ready to go for 2 - 3 more years of college and then draft. Might even help their drafts stock if pro teams know that's already out of the way.****

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
No joke, I know a 6th grader who is about to have it. Kid can't throw, and his parents say they are having 2 surgeries to correct it (elbow and shoulder). They apparently don't know what it is, but of course it's TJ for elbow and labrum for shoulder. That tells you that it's not all about velo.

They have been playing travel ball since 8U, fall and spring. Of course, the parents don't really know as much about this stuff, so they aren't that concerned. There's just a huge lack of education out there.

Last edited:

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
I think part of the problem is proper warm up and cool down as well, wife is a DPT she looses her mind watching the rapid jerking of the arm too and fro on the bands, I know the pitchers on my son's team in travel ball have no idea how to care for their arms and I would bet that is 90% across the board.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I think part of the problem is proper warm up and cool down as well, wife is a DPT she looses her mind watching the rapid jerking of the arm too and fro on the bands, I know the pitchers on my son's team in travel ball have no idea how to care for their arms and I would bet that is 90% across the board.
I'm with you on the jerky motion, that's why a lot of catchers get it too, that quick action and throwing so hard, on a line, and so quickly. Not much body action, generally all arm.

Not sure on the warm up and all, I think that's being sold by this whole sector of the economy now that is into baseball 'strength training' and 'conditioning'. I think a lot of them are full of ****. Dynamic stretching before activity (including jogging), a decent throwing warmup, then static stretching later on, I think it's this simple. No warmup or band work can overcome throwing too much and too hard and too often.

Not to mention very few players, even in the pros, have properly developed tendons. But they do have huge muscle mass.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login