Anybody here ever had a gun or knife pulled on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
That's my thought also. Was there beef between y'all or was he just a drunk or crazy *** hole pointing a gun at random people?

Random ******* teenager with a group of his friends trying to look like a badass. The high school was not in a good part of town.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I had a knife pulled on me at the old Chotard Landing Bar back in the early 2000's. Two college buddies and I were there hunting over Christmas break and apparently we were getting a little loud for the local residents. Words were exchanged across the room for some reason between our group and two guys playing darts. One guy pulls a knife and starts heading our way. To be honest I was looking for the door to make my best Ronnie Van Zant exit. The barmaid jumps from behind the bar calls the guy by name and gets between us. She diffuses the situation, we apologize and go to our cabin. I figured we would wake up to slashed tires but I guess he had a change of heart.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
That was a long wait

Honestly, it’s probably better that you didn’t. One person pulling a gun as a nothing more than a flex is scary AF, but not something you can’t walk away from if you keep your cool. But if they’re just trying to get some cheap wanna-be gangster street cred….and you react and pull yours, it could have gone down a whole different way.

At the DG near the scene of the incident without it waiting for the cop to show up. That’s when I wanted it, not at the light.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I was at one of those when some asshat pulled out a shotgun and started waving it around. It was not an angry deal just a stupid showoff deal so I just yelled at him to put that thing up, people are drinking here and dumb **** could happen. He tucked tail and put it up. Later he pulled out a compound bow to show it off and pulled it back. Somehow he lost grip on his front hand and the bow came back and smacked him in the head for 8 stitches.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
How did you react?

I had a skitzophrenic pull a knife on me (for no reason of mine) one day in a reprographic company when I was picking up a set of blueprints .... he followed me as I backed out of the door and to my truck where I proceeded to pull my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag .... he took off crying for me not to kill him

ETA ... It was a Model 629 S&W (before I traded it for my Redhawk)..... I read a lot of skepticism on these threads and most of them are full of **** because they don't know what they would do in a situation like that ... Most of the time I don't believe an attacker with a knife will actually go through with it, especially against a larger healthy man. I have also faced a guy threatening to shoot me (I was unarmed) because I was dancing with his former fiance at a place called the Stone Toad in Hattiesburg ... I can tell you that he never pulled the trigger nor do I think he had the gumption to do it and I ended up with the pistol.

Moral here - I know there are always exceptions and it's not a good idea to push the envelope but it's my belief that the so called victim can tell when the attacker is serious enough to truly attempt an attack

Edited again ... I was army stationed on an Airforce base so the AP's didn't like me ... one day an AP pulled his gun on me for not getting back into my car ... My commander was Omar Bradley's Grandson and the AP was removed from duty

Last edited:

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
Too bad GloryDawg wasn't with you. He would have growled "I've waited my whole life for this! BRING IT!", slapped his own face, ripped his shirt off, flexed, grabbed the sawed-off shotgun and disassembled it in front of the gunman, military pressed the perp before throwing him into a brick wall like a lawn dart, then he would drop the big Hogan leg on him, bend the barrel of the shotgun into makeshift cuffs and flex with his foot on the guy's chest until the cops arrive.

You, no longer in danger, would be expected to play "I Am A Real American" by Rick Derringer through the speaker of your phone as this takes place.

you sound like the type that would crumble to his feet and BEG please don't shoot me ... it's easy to be brave and sarcastic behind a keyboard but I can get an idea of what you're really like by what you've typed

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Live look-in at GloryDawg’s self-defense training class:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Just had a road rage shoot-out on Highway 25, kids are out of control. Just heard about another shooting in Holly Springs that never got reported, bunch of kids shot up a woman's car after they slammed on the brakes and almost made her hit them.

Be careful out there. Folks have gone crazy.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
you sound like the type that would crumble to his feet and BEG please don't shoot me ... it's easy to be brave and sarcastic behind a keyboard but I can get an idea of what you're really like by what you've typed

Hell naw, I'd just pull out my phone and ask the gunman to politely hold for a second, then I'd hit GloryDawg up on SPS direct message and say "I've got one for ya. Corner of X & X", then just wait for the fireworks to start. Poor gun toting idiot won't even know what hit 'im.

When he hears the power chords and this verse, he'll know he 17ed up:

When it comes crashing down and it hurts insiiiiiiiiiiiide...

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
How did you react?

Not aggressively. Only time one was shown was at a high school basketball game when I was in junior high. Some drunk high school boy pulled out his pocket knife pointed it to me and my friends and gave the ole “you’re in our seats” thing.

We basically told him to frick off because there was no way some idiot high school student is going to stab anyone at a crowded basketball game.

Almost immediately afterwards.. some dude came up, grabbed the boy by the arm, and drug his *** along the side of the court to one of the sheriff’s deputies there at the game. Turns out.. the guy was an off duty deputy there to watch his son play ball.

Never saw the high school boy ever again. I heard he was expelled.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Gun 3 times. Once in Meridian, once in Starkville, once in Miami. All 3 Roberry attempts. Played it cool and laughed at them and told them they were sol. Well there's more to each one than that, but that's the gist of it.

Three times???? Damn bro….you in the game?

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Starkville, mid 90s. I worked for Mike the Bike at the shop in Cotton Crossing. I lived on Hogan street in the Cotton District, so I'd walk home after work down Fellowship St., past the Odd Fellows Cemetery. There were some small older homes across the street from the cemetery on Fellowship at the time. One evening as I'm walking down Fellowship, I notice and older woman is standing in the front yard of one of these homes, in her flannel nightgown, and she's holding a large revolver. There's a giant oak in the front yard near the street. She sees me - I kind of just freeze.

I know this woman because two weeks before, my girlfriend and I are driving down Gillespie about 1:00 AM and we see this older woman running down the road yelling, and as we get close she jumps in the ditch. So we stop and I'm trying to find out what's wrong and she tells me she has to see her son, he's a fireman at the station down the road. So we go to the fire station. Driving there, she grabs my arm (put her in the front seat) - and she says to me "you the man with the bird" She's strong, about 6 feet tall, and I realize she's not sharing my reality. She's got fingernails that look to be about an inch long, and I realize I could lose an eye pretty quick. So, we drive on past the dark fire station and on to the cop station, and when she sees where we're at, she jumps out of the car as we pull up and high-tails it. Couple of officers take off after her after we give them the story and turns out they know her and she's not well.

So this is who is standing in the yard with a gun staring at me - she asks me as she points the gun at me, if "I'm the man from the train". I don't know if a yes gets me shot or makes me okay. I ease forward until the oak tree is between me and her, and then I take off into the cemetery as fast as my feet will carry me. She didn't shoot, so that was nice. She was institutionalized after that.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
Starkville, mid 90s. I worked for Mike the Bike at the shop in Cotton Crossing. I lived on Hogan street in the Cotton District, so I'd walk home after work down Fellowship St., past the Odd Fellows Cemetery. There were some small older homes across the street from the cemetery on Fellowship at the time. One evening as I'm walking down Fellowship, I notice and older woman is standing in the front yard of one of these homes, in her flannel nightgown, and she's holding a large revolver. There's a giant oak in the front yard near the street. She sees me - I kind of just freeze.

I know this woman because two weeks before, my girlfriend and I are driving down Gillespie about 1:00 AM and we see this older woman running down the road yelling, and as we get close she jumps in the ditch. So we stop and I'm trying to find out what's wrong and she tells me she has to see her son, he's a fireman at the station down the road. So we go to the fire station. Driving there, she grabs my arm (put her in the front seat) - and she says to me "you the man with the bird" She's strong, about 6 feet tall, and I realize she's not sharing my reality. She's got fingernails that look to be about an inch long, and I realize I could lose an eye pretty quick. So, we drive on past the dark fire station and on to the cop station, and when she sees where we're at, she jumps out of the car as we pull up and high-tails it. Couple of officers take off after her after we give them the story and turns out they know her and she's not well.

So this is who is standing in the yard with a gun staring at me - she asks me as she points the gun at me, if "I'm the man from the train". I don't know if a yes gets me shot or makes me okay. I ease forward until the oak tree is between me and her, and then I take off into the cemetery as fast as my feet will carry me. She didn't shoot, so that was nice. She was institutionalized after that.

Don’t want to hijack the thread, but haven’t thought about Bike Shop dude in 30 years. Was he an ******* or just a really weird dude?

Last edited:

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Owning his own business was the only way he could keep from getting fired. That said, Mike helped me out of more than a few jams in the 4 years I worked for him, and was a loyal guy to his friends. He was a northeastern Yankee and a naturally argumentative person, and the guy just did not suffer fools, so he pissed off a lot of people. I quit on him probably about once every six months or so and he'd call me back a week or two later and apologize and I'd end up working for him again. Quite a character.

LTblows

Mar 3, 2008
Held at gunpoint twice.

How did you react?

Once in downtown Vicksburg, once in Knoxville. Neither was fun. Both times was when I was a teenager. There wasn’t much I could do other than just stand and wait for the situation to get resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login