Anybody here in the Cotton District last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
A guy at work said it got wild last night, lots of arrests. Supposedly the damn cops called 911 needing more manpower to deal with all the trouble.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
I would guess carryover from the party directly behind M Club in the junction. Absolute madhouse during the game.

Reactions: Dawg84

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
This is probably one of those things we can't talk about.
Yep. However it is imperative that it is.

The University needs to take back the junction. Move the black tent company from the amphitheater to the Junction. That's all that is allowed in Junction.

Then make the east side of the amphitheater lawn, along Stone, parking for students durinf the week and RVs on the weekend. Then only allow University events directly in front of the amphitheater stage.

Or swap it. Make the junction a parking lot, with a Tiger Lane type set up. Leave black tents where they are.

You have to do these things because people just can't behave. It's ridiculous

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

The University needs to take back the junction. Move the black tent company from the amphitheater to the Junction. That's all that is allowed in Junction.

Then make the east side of the amphitheater lawn, along Stone, parking for students durinf the week and RVs on the weekend. Then only allow University events directly in front of the amphitheater stage.

Or swap it. Make the junction a parking lot, with a Tiger Lane type set up. Leave black tents where they are.

Who organizes those concert/parties? How are they allowed to get into the Junction like that?

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
Yes I witnessed the thuggery outside the stadium on the south side. I left the game in the third quarter with my granddaughters a 6yr old and 12yr old. Just as we were exiting the west side 4 cops came running past me. There was a whole massive crowd right in from Seal building. Cops were chasing people. My granddaughter made me pick her up because she was scared. We fans shouldn’t have to put up with that crap. Do those people just come to hangout outside the stadium and not actually go to the game.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Yes I witnessed the thuggery outside the stadium on the south side. I left the game in the third quarter with my granddaughters a 6yr old and 12yr old. Just as we were exiting the west side 4 cops came running past me. There was a whole massive crowd right in from Seal building. Cops were chasing people. My granddaughter made me pick her up because she was scared. We fans shouldn’t have to put up with that crap. Do those people just come to hangout outside the stadium and not actually go to the game.
I used to tailgate a lot and often stayed at the tailgate during the game. It’s not uncommon

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It's a group of individuals, like all the other tailgates. They are allowed.

however my problem is obnoxiously loud music and enough marijuana in the air to lift a C130.
I'm more concerned about the wildin' and the need arrests. So what's the deal with the Cotton District though, something more than normal?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Weed isn’t a problem per se unless we are going down the broken window theory route. It seems like a few weeks of heads getting cracked by cops ought to be able to sort out a lot of issues. Too late for that this season though.

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
The issue is the jumbotrons. It looks like the same crowd that sells tickets scalping stands right there and watches the game on the Jumbotron. I wish we’d just get rid of them so people actually have to go in the game to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Wasn't there and there are no pics and some things are going intentionally unmentioned. But from reading these posts, I'm getting the idea that neither Mormons nor Punjabis were involved. Y'all need to be careful about the impressions you promote.***

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GomJabbar

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Sadly my son and I left before the second quarter was over the police were everywhere with blue lights on.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm more concerned about the wildin' and the need arrests. So what's the deal with the Cotton District though, something more than normal?
I don't go there at night. But from people that do, basically it is locals acting up, smoking weed and refusing to leave after the bars close. I hear people are on the streets until 2-3am and have to be told to leave.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
The cotton district and what was going on outside the south end of the stadium is different. South end of stadium is straight up thuggery. It’s where the band enters the stadium it’s where visiting fans exit the stadium it’s where the casual fan exits the stadium. To exit the stadium and witness cops chasing thugs and thousands of people outside the stadium just hanging out and getting in fights has to be stopped.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I really don’t understand why we can’t talk fully about what’s going on. I wasn’t there, so I don’t know. Bad behavior is bad behavior, no matter who does it.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
It got crazy in the Junction.

we walked through there during the 3rd Qtr and stuff was being thrown around, weed was being smoked right out in the open, and a shouting, angry mob was really making a scene. I’ve never scene anything like it, and I have no more pearls to clutch, and not much hair left to pull out. LOL

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I’ve seen plenty of liquored up rednecks do idiotic and reprehensible stuff while I’ve been at state so can we please stop with all of the “we know who did it” stuff. Doesn’t matter the makeup of the people. It is not excusable and will be one more thing that eats into people going to games. I agree that if we start winning this stuff will likely take care of its self

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’ve seen plenty of liquored up rednecks do idiotic and reprehensible stuff while I’ve been at state so can we please stop with all of the “we know who did it” stuff. Doesn’t matter the makeup of the people. It is not excusable and will be one more thing that eats into people going to games. I agree that if we start winning this stuff will likely take care of its self
What would winning change? People more likely to be inside the stadium instead of outside? Wouldn’t that just leave more room to steal stuff?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I don't go there at night. But from people that do, basically it is locals acting up, smoking weed and refusing to leave after the bars close. I hear people are on the streets until 2-3am and have to be told to leave.
Must be the ones that can't get laid. If any of them were worth their salt, they'd have already picked up a hot coed earlier in the night and fricked her three or four times by 3 am

Reactions: Mud84

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I haven’t ever seen redneck females gyrating humping a junction pop up tent pole. As in dancing. And it’s been getting progressively worse since the first game and I’ve been to every home game.

I’m all good with people having a good time at their tailgate but what I saw last night was way over the line of just having a good time. It needs to be stopped or we won’t have families coming to games. I shouldn’t have to be subject to that crud. If they want to continue that do it somewhere that families don’t have walk thru such.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login