Anybody here in the Cotton District last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve seen plenty of liquored up rednecks do idiotic and reprehensible stuff while I’ve been at state so can we please stop with all of the “we know who did it” stuff. Doesn’t matter the makeup of the people. It is not excusable and will be one more thing that eats into people going to games. I agree that if we start winning this stuff will likely take care of its self
Totally agree, it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter the makeup of the people. There is right and there is wrong, no matter who is to blame, and we ought to be able to call the guilty parties out, without reducing the discussion to negative name-calling (e.g., "rednecks".)

Just a description of physical characteristics should be perfectly reasonable so that everyone can be on watch. I mean, I'm certainly not going to do it, but by all means you or someone else should feel free.

Cow College

Aug 21, 2012
Totally agree, it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter the makeup of the people. There is right and there is wrong, no matter who is to blame, and we ought to be able to call the guilty parties out, without reducing the discussion to negative name-calling (e.g., "rednecks".)

Just a description of physical characteristics should be perfectly reasonable so that everyone can be on watch. I mean, I'm certainly not going to do it, but by all means you or someone else should feel free.
I have been out there a whole bunch with drunk rednecks and probably have even been one before. Saturday was completely different than that

Reactions: Darryl Steight

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
How’s it hemp’s only legal w/doctors prescription and so many “sick” folk are suddenly healthy enough to go out and party in the junction and cotton district? Must be some mean hemp!

Have one losing season in football and look what happens? smh

Just wait till it rolls over to the other sporting venues……..

Attachments

• IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 7

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Weed isn’t a problem per se unless we are going down the broken window theory route. It seems like a few weeks of heads getting cracked by cops ought to be able to sort out a lot of issues. Too late for that this season though.
Yeah a bunch of people smoking weed in large crowds is never ever where any issues occur.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah a bunch of people smoking weed in large crowds is never ever where any issues occur.
It's a symptom of the problem in most cases. It's not the cause of the problem.

I'd much rather all them folks be high than drunk. And if they are drunk, being high would help calm that situation too.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I've heard from friends that every tailgate spot at OM is controlled by the university. No idea if true, but it may be a way to ensure more order, or maybe not, who knows. Sounds like more police presence, maybe with drug-sniffing dogs, needs to be out in force hours before the game, especially in those areas in close proximity to the stadium.
Not all of them. The tailgate company gets to set up first then everyone else has to wait until 7pm for their land rush and they allow no pre-staging of tents. You have to hide them out of sight or show up right at 7 and get lucky.

Reactions: Walkthedawg

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
It's a symptom of the problem in most cases. It's not the cause of the problem.

I'd much rather all them folks be high than drunk. And if they are drunk, being high would help calm that situation too.
There very well may come time when smoking weed in a public setting like a tailgate is normal behavior like drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco, but that is not the case right now. It's a college football game in Starkville, not a Black Crowes show is Las Vegas.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015
This thread is classic SPS.

- talk about something bad happened in the Cotton District.
- that changes to talk about activities in the Junction which aren't family friendly.
- then a bunch of people saying 'we can't talk about it' while it is talked about.

Yall can claim people won't want to go to the games if they have to pass by weed and suggestive dancing, and while that may be true, I am more concerned about the reality that people won't want to go to the games if we can only score 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals in a 3 games stretch against mediocre conference teams.
Sounds like democrats being democrats to me.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Those who tell other people when and where they can take their medication will eventually themselves be told when and where they can take their medication. Beware, it always comes full circle.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I don't believe that twerking happens at frat houses. Drinking? Yes. Date rape? You bet. But twerking? Doubtful.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sounds like democrats being democrats to me.
What in my post sounds like democrats being democrats?

This is a thread about tailgating at a football game, just to be clear. The voter fraud conspiracy thread is down the hall, but the door is now locked.

Reactions: Boom Boom

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Everybody ought to go to a home BYU game. First time I went, I noticed several things. There was no smoking of anything. No drinking of any kind. No drugs being done, and no cursing at all. Has to be the cleanest football game environment I have ever attended. And on top of that, one of the best scenic views in all of college football. Don't know if it still that way as that was years ago, but I do have to commend the Mormons of their behavior, even though I consider them a false religion. I guess they lose the party every time.
And the talent out there is surprisingly outstanding. Although I'm sure they all wear rubber gloves.

Animal House

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Please, allow me to shed some light, as I am a native speaker of the Peckerwood vernacular. In this context, when the poster writes "democrats", he in fact means "black people", and believes he is slyly letting you know he'd use a different word, if only he could.

Reactions: mcfly.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Please, allow me to shed some light, as I am a native speaker of the Peckerwood vernacular. In this context, when the poster writes "democrats", he in fact means "black people", and believes he is slyly letting you know he'd use a different word, if only he could.
kareem abdul jabbar airplane GIF

Reactions: preacher_dawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

This is a thread about tailgating at a football game, just to be clear. The voter fraud conspiracy thread is down the hall, but the door is now locked.
Surely you don’t believe that us being 6-3 and looking good would make what happened at the Junctuon Saturday ok?

I mean we might notice it less buts it’s still disgusting and inexcusable.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Surely you don’t believe that us being 6-3 and looking good would make what happened at the Junctuon Saturday ok?

I mean we might notice it less buts it’s still disgusting and inexcusable.
Our record and what happens in at tailgates are not connected.
I want safe and legal tailgating.

I also have no idea why you quoted that post of mine. It has nothing to do with the question you then asked.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Our record and what happens in at tailgates are not connected.
I want safe and legal tailgating.

I also have no idea why you quoted that post of mine. It has nothing to do with the question you then asked.
Bc I read your other post above that and then saw this and responded.

step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login