Anybody here in the Cotton District last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Yep. However it is imperative that it is.

The University needs to take back the junction. Move the black tent company from the amphitheater to the Junction. That's all that is allowed in Junction.

Then make the east side of the amphitheater lawn, along Stone, parking for students durinf the week and RVs on the weekend. Then only allow University events directly in front of the amphitheater stage.

Or swap it. Make the junction a parking lot, with a Tiger Lane type set up. Leave black tents where they are.

You have to do these things because people just can't behave. It's ridiculous
Well said!

Reactions: Maroon13

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Yep. However it is imperative that it is.

The University needs to take back the junction. Move the black tent company from the amphitheater to the Junction. That's all that is allowed in Junction.

Then make the east side of the amphitheater lawn, along Stone, parking for students durinf the week and RVs on the weekend. Then only allow University events directly in front of the amphitheater stage.

Or swap it. Make the junction a parking lot, with a Tiger Lane type set up. Leave black tents where they are.

You have to do these things because people just can't behave. It's ridiculous
Exactly right. A "set up" like the Junction is now would produce the same results at every school in the SEC. It's ridiculous and it's on the administration to correct . Therefore it probably won't be.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I've heard from friends that every tailgate spot at OM is controlled by the university. No idea if true, but it may be a way to ensure more order, or maybe not, who knows. Sounds like more police presence, maybe with drug-sniffing dogs, needs to be out in force hours before the game, especially in those areas in close proximity to the stadium.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Ever notice it’s always the people who take pills manufactured in China that are always hating on locally sourced medicines?
Locally sourced and purchased from unlicensed dispensaries?

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
After leaving at halftime, I had to shield my two small children’s eyes as we proceeded to walk past an ethnic twerk contest on top of vehicles on E Lee Blvd. looked like a lil boosie music video.

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
I stopped going through the Junction to get to my seats back in 2018.

I used to work game day operations at Alabama and the prime tailgating spots on the quad were for all the reserved/paid tents. They had majority of the quad and the other space was first come first serve.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This thread is classic SPS.

- talk about something bad happened in the Cotton District.
- that changes to talk about activities in the Junction which aren't family friendly.
- then a bunch of people saying 'we can't talk about it' while it is talked about.

Yall can claim people won't want to go to the games if they have to pass by weed and suggestive dancing, and while that may be true, I am more concerned about the reality that people won't want to go to the games if we can only score 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals in a 3 games stretch against mediocre conference teams.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
You can still do-it-yourself tailgate in the Grove and Circle at OM. Their university may reserve a portion, like we do/did but the grove is mostly open to anyone.... technically.

The difference is their campus is small and compact and 90% of their tailgating is the grove and circle. Also their fans have done tailgating for much longer and have established spots that they pay the commercial people to set up. Usually by Friday night, the commercial people have every foot of the grove covered. So there isn't a chance for just anyone to set up at game time.

States campus is larger and the tailgating is scattered. Also people are avoiding the junction because of frat tailgates, the people with the ridiculous loud speakers and the freaknick. So obviously space is available.

Last edited:

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Locally sourced and purchased from unlicensed dispensaries?
I know it feels overwhelming to come to the realization that your pills were made overseas by people who hate you and the ground you walk on, but to get you better we’ve got to help you figure it out.

Reactions: josebrown

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

- that changes to talk about activities in the Junction which aren't family friendly.
- then a bunch of people saying 'we can't talk about it' while it is talked about.

Yall can claim people won't want to go to the games if they have to pass by weed and suggestive dancing, and while that may be true, I am more concerned about the reality that people won't want to go to the games if we can only score 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals in a 3 games stretch against mediocre conference teams.
I think family friendly AND competitive should be the goal and they're certainly not mutually exclusive. If we have good administrators they will not compromise either.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
I know it feels overwhelming to come to the realization that your pills were made overseas by people who hate you and the ground you walk on, but to get you better we’ve got to help you figure it out.
What the **** are you talking about?

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I freaking told y’all this exact same thing last year and got ridiculed.

You guys should listen to me because I’m normally right.*

It was a problem last year and nothing has been done to control it. Further proof of a clueless administration.

Last edited:

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Everybody ought to go to a home BYU game. First time I went, I noticed several things. There was no smoking of anything. No drinking of any kind. No drugs being done, and no cursing at all. Has to be the cleanest football game environment I have ever attended. And on top of that, one of the best scenic views in all of college football. Don't know if it still that way as that was years ago, but I do have to commend the Mormons of their behavior, even though I consider them a false religion. I guess they lose the party every time.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I don't care about kids drinking and smoking weed. I don't care about old guys complaining about college girls asses hanging out. It's when it's not the kids and **** gets out of hand. I've said for awhile the school has to either eliminate the squatters that sit out there during the games or it's going to start being a pay to tailgate area that's controlled by the school more. With Selmon saying he wants the SEZ addition to be junction-inclusive, I see pay to party coming fast.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
Anyone who smokes weed and gets riled up is doing it wrong. Are they smoking to take the edge off being drunk and rowdy, or can you tell?

I quit walking through the Junction during/after games two or three seasons ago because of the landfill-like layer of trash on the ground. Is there a strip club vibe there now? Who would be fighting?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Anyone who smokes weed and gets riled up is doing it wrong. Are they smoking to take the edge off being drunk and rowdy, or can you tell?

I quit walking through the Junction during/after games two or three seasons ago because of the landfill-like layer of trash on the ground. Is there a strip club vibe there now? Who would be fighting?
I imagine that as the amount of weed smoked increases, the actual violence that could occur....decreases. So, to me, that part isn't the problem outside of the 'oh my heavens' Baptist crowd.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
I, as a WASP, have had considerable business dealings with Utah-based Mormon-run businesses for many, many years. Overall philosophy aside, I have never had anything but 100% positive interactions and impressions with anyone in the state. I could move to Ogden tomorrow and never look back.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve seen plenty of liquored up rednecks do idiotic and reprehensible stuff while I’ve been at state so can we please stop with all of the “we know who did it” stuff. Doesn’t matter the makeup of the people. It is not excusable and will be one more thing that eats into people going to games. I agree that if we start winning this stuff will likely take care of its self
Man Naw. Get off of it. This **** isnt nearly the same as a few random drunk bubbas. You are part of the problem. As am I. For not calling a SPADE a SPADE. It IS that group. Sorry but it's true

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Getting to a non-****** football team from here is hard. Making sure the path to the stadium isn't through a cloud of weed smoke is easy in comparison. Need to have anywhere that can see the jumbotron be controlled by the university. There are plenty of places that are convenient to the stadium where people can have whatever party atmosphere they want that doesn't more or less require people to go through it or go out of their way to avoid it.

Grassy area between McAthur hall and its parking lot? That's close but not really on the way from anywhere.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We quit tailgating in the junction years ago because the fraternities left it looking the same way.
The tailgating area is going to look like **** afterwards. I wish people would do better, but that's not unique to MSU or worse at MSU than elsewhere.

But it does sound like that atmosphere is worse as far as having people act like **** right around the stadium.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Everybody ought to go to a home BYU game. First time I went, I noticed several things. There was no smoking of anything. No drinking of any kind. No drugs being done, and no cursing at all. Has to be the cleanest football game environment I have ever attended. And on top of that, one of the best scenic views in all of college football. Don't know if it still that way as that was years ago, but I do have to commend the Mormons of their behavior, even though I consider them a false religion. I guess they lose the party every time.
I dont need to go to a BYU football game to confidently know everything you just said. Its obvious based solely on their well documented student rules.
Cool views for sure.

Nov 25, 2019
Yes I witnessed the thuggery outside the stadium on the south side. I left the game in the third quarter with my granddaughters a 6yr old and 12yr old. Just as we were exiting the west side 4 cops came running past me. There was a whole massive crowd right in from Seal building. Cops were chasing people. My granddaughter made me pick her up because she was scared. We fans shouldn’t have to put up with that crap. Do those people just come to hangout outside the stadium and not actually go to the game.
there was a lot of "hanging out" during the game. a friend told me they wouldn't move out of your way as they walked into the stadium. I saw 2 pit bulls on leashes. Bad scene. Glad you mad it out safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login