Anyone coming to Biloxi?

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
For the March 8-9th games at MGM. Just bought my tickets. Missed out the last time they came down here.

Last edited:

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
For the March 8-9th games at MGM.

Seems like they should have scheduled both the Tulane series and this mid-week series one week later to coincide with Spring Break. Instead, they're hosting home games the following week, the week in which the students are out of town.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Seems like they should have scheduled both the Tulane series and this mid-week series one week later to coincide with Spring Break. Instead, they're hosting home games the following week, the week in which the students are out of town.
Good catch. I assumed the Tulane and Texas Tech games were during spring break.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
I'll be at both Tulane and TxTch series. Will be a fun week of baseball. But it's idiotic to host a series when school is out for spring break.

Last edited:

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Good catch. I assumed the Tulane and Texas Tech games were during spring break.

I wish it was as I would have loved to have used some vacation to catch both those series, but as it is I'm taking off the following week in which my kid is out of school.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
You do realize that the scheduling of these games requires input from 3 schools and the venue, right?

ETA: Actually, four schools, because a change would have required that the team we are scheduled to play at home during spring break would have had to adjust it's schedule to be in town a week earlier.

Last edited:

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Good Lord, what a dumb response. No one is talking about changing the schedule after it was set. We're talking about setting it up correctly to begin with. You're worried about the other schools???? We're talking about early season games played versus the defending National Champions in a warm weather state at either a minor league park on the beach or at the best facility in all of college baseball. There are literally dozens and dozens of teams that would have done anything we requested in order to play in either of these series.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Nice! I’m taking my boy on the 9th. I live 10 minutes from the park so I really should hit both days. But 4am the next morning comes early

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Nice! I’m taking my boy on the 9th. I live 10 minutes from the park so I really should hit both days. But 4am the next morning comes early
These posts prove why we should play more than just 2 games down there. I'd like to see a weekend tournament. I mean we are a national championship program, we should be able to pull this off with some big names.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
These posts prove why we should play more than just 2 games down there. I'd like to see a weekend tournament. I mean we are a national championship program, we should be able to pull this off with some big names.
I DM’d Beasley when the governors cup got canned and suggested MGM would be a great choice for it. She responded and said it would but that was the end of that.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004

Awesome. Me and my son plus 2 co-workers with their sons. And 2 other co-workers (young and no kids) and their dads. Should be a blast and thanks again for the reminder on tickets. Those tickets will be hard to come by in February, if not much sooner.

I get up early, but not 4:00 early. My neighbor works at Ingalls and he’s usually on the road by 5:00 and I live in Gautier, not Biloxi…

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Awesome. Me and my son plus 2 co-workers with their sons. And 2 other co-workers (young and no kids) and their dads. Should be a blast and thanks again for the reminder on tickets. Those tickets will be hard to come by in February, if not much sooner.

I get up early, but not 4:00 early. My neighbor works at Ingalls and he’s usually on the road by 5:00 and I live in Gautier, not Biloxi…

If I’m not on the road by atleast 4:30-4:40 then I’m not even gonna bother driving to the shipyard. Only about a 40 minute ride to ingalls for me but I hate feeling like I’m gonna be late to anything, especially that **** hole.

ETA message me that Wednesday night and I’ll drink a beer with ya.

ETA again cause I can’t read and missed the part where you said you’re going the 8th.

Last edited:

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
If I had thought you were talking about changing the schedule now, I would not have been so polite in my response. Nothing you say after attacking the straw man makes any sense at all. Unless I am mistaken, we had prior commitments to play 2 games against TT in Biloxi and a series at Tulane. Scheduling those games so the team would only have to make that long-*** bus trip one time is a no-brainer. So we had to do it on dates that worked for TT, Tulane, us and MGM Park.

I understand that you are disappointed, given your circumstances, that you will not be able to make those games, but there was no reason these games should have been scheduled during Spring Break. They are played so the fans who live on the coast can see their team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login